View Full Version : Bluetooth connectivity Dell Axim - Sony Ericsson T610?

Reidar
08-08-2003, 03:59 PM
I would be grateful for advice on how best to connect my Dell Axim 5 (Pocket PC 2002, although I have ordered the 2003 upgrade) to my new cellphone, which is a Sony Ericsson T610 with Bluetooth.

Ideally I had hoped to find a Bluetooth expansion card for the SD slot, keeping it in the phone all the time, since I prefer to use the CF card slot for swapping between various cards -- data storage (ebooks, image files, etc.), Wi-Fi, digital camera cards, etc.). I haven't been able to locate a Bluetooth card in the SD format -- is there such a thing?

Alternatively, if I purchase a Bluetooth card in CF format, which is the best to use with my system? I have seen Socket and Belkin advertised, any preferences?

dh
08-08-2003, 06:12 PM
You can't use an SD card with your Axim, the SD slot is for memory only.

For a CF card, the best is Socket. One of the many nice things about it is that it fits flush into the CF slot, just like a memory card. Any other BT card sticks out of the slot to make it hard to close the case for the Axim.

Reidar
08-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Thanks -- that's helpful! I'll order the Socket Card!

SHoTTa35
08-09-2003, 01:39 AM
/offtopic

how's that SE T610 tho.. i am almost wanting to get the T616 (samething from AT&T) it's starting to look good now and i think i might just get it!

Anthony Caruana
08-09-2003, 02:53 PM
Thanks -- that's helpful! I'll order the Socket Card!

Have you ordered your Socket BT card yet? I just saw one in the Buy and Sell forum

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16172

Hope this helps you out

Reidar
08-12-2003, 02:17 PM
Regarding SHoTTa35's question about the Sony Ericsson -- so far I like it fine. It's almost a bit too small to handle comfortably, though! Great features, good menu system, easy to navigate with the joystick. My requirements were GSM triband, and Bluetooth. The built-in camera I don't see myself using a lot, but that may change.