View Full Version : Battery problems

rad3d
08-07-2003, 11:28 PM
I've had my 3765 for a little over a year now. About 6 months after I got it, I started having problems with the unit holding a solid charge, and it would drain very quickly (about 2x it's previous level). While the unit was still under warranty, I made the decision to have PocketPC Techs install a new 2100m battery.

When I first got the unit back, I immediately noticed that I still had a drain problem and could not keep the unit charged well. My test showed it was worse than before the upgrade. I immediately talked to Pocket PC Techs and sent the unit back and got a very quick turnaround with another new battery. This unit worked great. It held it's charge and I definitely noticed the additional battery life (I was finally able to watch a full 2 1/2 hour movie without an additional battery pack).

This setup worked wonderfully for about 4-5 months, and then my drain problem showed up again - and I am back to where I was - maybe even worse. I rarely can get the unit to charge up to 100%, and 10 minutes of operation drops it down to less than 50%.

Any ideas on what causes this to happen? If I need a new unit, so be it - and I'll get one with a removeable battery - but I'd prefer to keep this unit if my problem is solveable. I've seen a lot of posts of batteries going bad a little earlier than people would like, but I'm not sure I've heard of a specific PPC causing this type of drain after going through 3 batteries.

Anyone else have an experience like this? Is my unit toast?

Thanks