View Full Version : Mazingo and PPC2003 (iPaq 2215)

ironguy
08-07-2003, 04:46 PM
I used Mazingo extensively with my HP Jornada 568. It broke so I bought an iPaq 2215. Now I have all sorts of trouble.

Mazingo used to download nicely then transfer to my 568. When done decompressing I would get a message that says it is done. There it was, no bother, no fuss.

On my iPaq 2215, Mazingo downloads nicely and evidently transfers to the device. Here's where the problems start. It seems like it doesn't start decompressing until you open Mazingo. So my spinning wheel goes round and round. After several minutes (8 last time), it opens. Sometimes it doesn't open at all. I do a soft reset and tap Mazingo again and it opens right up.

I checked and unchecked the compression options but see no effect. Anyone else have problems or am I the sole beficiary of this?

apeguero
08-07-2003, 04:56 PM
It will be interesting to see what the solution for this is. It is the reason why I uninstalled Mazingo from my Pocket PC and went with Avantgo instead. I was having the same problems you are having. Not only that, but it also uses up a lot of memory depending on content. Sorry I don't have an answer for you other then suggesting the use of Avantgo.

ironguy
08-07-2003, 05:18 PM
I use Avantgo in addition, but I am one of the original signer-uppers of Mazingo so I have everything free with unlimitied download capability. Thus, I'd like to use it.

I store everything on my CF Card and it runs quickly when it finally gets going.

I've had my share of problems with Avantgo lately too. Many of my channels time out. It's not internet speed as I'm on a full T1 (work).

Don't Panic!
08-07-2003, 07:56 PM
I just have Mazingo download my content to a folder on the work PC and cut and paste to my storage card before I go home. I download about 54 MB a day that way.

Don't Panic!
Bobby

ironguy
08-07-2003, 11:28 PM
I'll try the copy to PC if I can't find out what's wrong. I e-mailed Mazingo (like that would ever work!).

Mark_Venture
08-11-2003, 03:04 AM
I had similar problems with my iPAQ 2215. I had the files download to the SD card in the iPAQ. In addition, "used space" on the SD card always kept increasing. When I put the SD card in the memory reader attached to my computer, running ScanDisk against the card found crosslinked files.

Very often, I would have to delete the MAZINGO folder from the SD card and recreate it before I Synchronized.

I stopped using it because of this.

dunneldeen
08-18-2003, 04:43 AM
I have my system set to download content to the folder that syncs via activesync with my device. It downloads content in the morning, before I get up, so that when I dock my 2215, it copies it. Just put it a few levels deep so that word doesn't see them (ie. /My Documents/Mazingo/MazingoTXT/) Then I just read them with PocketIE, and don't have to worry about compression, I don't even have to have the Mazingo client on my PPC this way.