View Full Version : wireless mini poll #1 wifi or bluetooth???

dave3
08-06-2003, 02:56 AM
ok which standard and why?

CoreyJF
08-06-2003, 03:01 AM
I use wifi beacuse it is around and fast. Blue tooth would be great for somethings if the big guys got thereact together and made products like a bluetooth keyboard. If the bluetooth gps came down in price I would gladly give up my serial version. And when out of range of wifi hotspot, I would love to use bluetooth enabled phone if verizon would just sell one.

CTSLICK
08-06-2003, 03:06 AM
WiFi for access to my broadband connection at home.

Bluetooth for connecting to my cell phone for mobile internet access.

dave3
08-06-2003, 03:27 AM
I cast a vote for both, but so far I prefer 802.11. So far something about bluetooth just sucks...like the poor experiences in setting it up/ getting it to work stable. Also the multitude of profiles and I find out that the profile that I wanted or needed wasn't included with the usb adaptor, internally etc (e.g. hid for keyboard mouse etc.). Bluetooth sounds like it can do more...but it never seems to! (ie, the cool stuff is always around the corner).

`helios
08-06-2003, 05:24 AM
Both... Wifi while at home, obviously... BT while away from home, used sparingly... c'mon Rogers, $20 for 1.5MB?? Give me a break...

0X

ChristopherTD
08-06-2003, 05:53 AM
WiFi for access to my broadband connection at home.

Bluetooth for connecting to my cell phone for mobile internet access.
Exactly the same for me!

BT is a great concept but all the BT devices are too expensive.

Jerry Raia
08-06-2003, 06:25 AM
I use BT at home with my PC or on the road with my laptop to sync. I use wifi at airports and coffee places etc for web and email.

Stephen Beesley
08-06-2003, 09:27 AM
Wifi. Why? Because I can!

Seriously I just got a wifi card for my Jornada and have been loving the extra connectivity that it provides. Logging on to the network at work but also to various hotspots around the place for a bit of surfing and chatting with friends on the other side of the Globe.

I guess my next PDA will probably have bluetooth as well. I can see how it would be very useful with a bluetooth phone and hopefully by then somebody will have released a bluetooth foldable keyboard!

Goldtee

Anthony Caruana
08-06-2003, 12:15 PM
I use wifi at home for browsing, bluetooth for syncing and with my cell phone. At the office I use bluetooth for syncing