View Full Version : My 2210 has died...

midili
08-05-2003, 07:50 PM
After purchasing and using TomTom Bluetooth GPS for a day my 2210 is dead in the water (note, I am not blaming TomTom!).

Here's what happened:

I noticed that if I left my BT radio turned on when I shut down the 2210 that I would have to do a soft reset to turn it back on. Ok, just try and remember to turn it off each time...

However, this morning when I tried to turn on my 2210 it would not turn on and a soft reset wouldn't turn it on, and a HARD reset wouldn't reset it and when I placed it in the cradle I got no power indicator...

Now, I'm not blaming TomTom, even if a driver was bad I should still be able to do a hard reset, right? However, I might be blaming HP's BT integration. Seems too many people are reporting quirks (not that this a quirk).

I have called HP tech support and they are sending a box to ship it to repairs.

Anybody have simliar issues or any ideas on what happened?

Jeff

racerx
08-05-2003, 07:54 PM
Is it possible that the battery is dead? Drop it on the charger for a few hours and see if that fixes it...

KayMan2k
08-05-2003, 08:06 PM
He already tried that.. but maybe the battery is really dead. Meaning, it cannot be recharged. I don't have any idea why.. but go try to get another battery and see if it works.

easylife
08-05-2003, 08:09 PM
Wouldn't turning it on in the charger bypass the battery and use AC power? If that doesn't work, you're really in bad shape ;)

jeremyweisser
08-05-2003, 09:59 PM
I was just reading your post and I have some advice that may or may not be of assistance.

My 5555 has had problems charging. I drop it in the cradle and the status light does not come on. Ususally when I unplug the power cord from the cradle and from the outlert and then reseat it everything works fine. Give it a try, if it works great if not oh well and good luck with HP.

ctmagnus
08-05-2003, 11:48 PM
From one of the many, many pieces of paper that shipped with my 5550:

If the charge on the battery goes below 3.2 Volts as a result of not being connected to the Universal Desktop Cradle or the AC Adapter, no damage will occur to the battery. However, the iPAQ Pocket PC charge adapter will not flash until the battery reaches the minimum charge of 3.2 Volts and you perform a normal reset.

hth!

SHoTTa35
08-06-2003, 12:09 AM
battery shouldn't be dead yet. I don't have that bluetooth problem when turning it off. It turns right back on without no probs. Just take out the battery then leave it for couple hrs then try it out again

midili
08-06-2003, 12:28 AM
Thank you all for the suggestions. I've got it back in the cradle to see if the battery is really, really low, but I don't think it is. After that I'll take the battery out for a couple of hours and see what happens.

The good news is HP was very helpful and will take it back for repairs no problem. THe bad news is that it will take 3 days for the box to get here and then a 5 day turnaround.

So much for playing with GPS on my upcoming vacation!

Again, thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep you posted if anything postive happens.

Jeff

ctmagnus
08-06-2003, 03:06 AM

These things have a habit of always happening right before you have something coming up that you really, really want to use it for and you'll be away from the house for a while.

dh
08-06-2003, 03:11 AM
The good news is HP was very helpful and will take it back for repairs no problem. THe bad news is that it will take 3 days for the box to get here and then a 5 day turnaround.
Jeff

As much as we moan about Dell sometimes, if you have a problem with an Axim they send you a new one overnight, then you send the broken one back - none of this 5 day turnaround nonsense.

ctmagnus
08-06-2003, 04:25 AM
As much as we moan about Dell sometimes, if you have a problem with an Axim they send you a new one overnight, then you send the broken one back - none of this 5 day turnaround nonsense.

Good to know! But which shipper do they use? 'Cuz if it's UPS, then it'll be a rather long wait to get it around here. There's no such thing as two-day shipping with them in these parts; it's always at least five days or more. I dislike UPS.

maximus
08-06-2003, 11:47 AM

These things have a habit of always happening right before you have something coming up that you really, really want to use it for and you'll be away from the house for a while.

Well ct, if you really want a device that will perform nicely everytime you want it, make your next device a Dell. {insert dell's theme song here} :mrgreen:

jake080
08-06-2003, 03:20 PM
Good to know! But which shipper do they use? 'Cuz if it's UPS, then it'll be a rather long wait to get it around here. There's no such thing as two-day shipping with them in these parts; it's always at least five days or more. I dislike UPS.

My axim that i decided i did not want came FedEx. when i shipped it back, they sent Airborne Express to pick up the packages.

ctmagnus
08-06-2003, 09:35 PM

Well ct, if you really want a device that will perform nicely everytime you want it, make your next device a Dell. {insert dell's theme song here} :mrgreen:

I think I'll stick with iPaqs for Pocket PCs though. The corporate versions, in fact as they seem to be made a wee bit more durable. But I am considering a Dell for when I can finally afford the notebook I've been wanting for ages and ages.