View Full Version : carrying PPC in your shirt pocket

Stephen Beesley
08-05-2003, 08:47 AM
It seems that when ever I read a review of a new Pocket PC (or just about any PDA for that matter) the review seems compelled to comment on whether or not they could carry the device in their shirt pocket.

Now I do not know if this is just me but I hate carrying anything in the pocket of my shirt and could never imagine carrying my PPC in there. I mean no matter how small it was I would find it too uncomfortable and then there is the risk of it falling out anytime you have to bend down.

I have never had a problem carrying my PDA of choice in the front pocket of whatever pants I am wearing - of course this is a lot easier if, like the Jornada, the PDA in question has a screen cover.

So what about other....?

Goldtee

xoiph
08-05-2003, 09:49 AM
I don't think I own any shirts with pockets :-P Besides, I'd be too scared of it slipping out if I bent over or something.

Jacob
08-05-2003, 04:04 PM
I almost never wear shirts with pockets.

I think that test is just used as an example of a place where something heavy would be rather annoying to carry... if the PDA is comfy in that pocket, then it's light and small.

rzanology
08-05-2003, 04:12 PM
I almost never wear shirts with pockets.

lol I agree....besides...I find it more covenant to have it on my waste next to the t68i :)lol I agree....besides...I find it more covenant to have it on my waste next to the t68i :)

Janak Parekh
08-05-2003, 04:35 PM
Goldtee, great point. I think I'll link to this from the front page this afternoon.

--janak

Stephen Beesley
08-05-2003, 04:36 PM
Hmmm - I knew I should have included another option in the poll. Something like:

"there are shirts with pockets..... 8O"

Goldtee

aroma
08-05-2003, 04:40 PM
How about another Poll option of: "I don't wear shirts"

Sierously though... I never cary my Ipaq in a SHIRT pocket, but I have carried my V37 in my shirt pocket. Fits rather nicely. (My V37 has since gone to my wife....)

- Aaron

Janak Parekh
08-05-2003, 04:41 PM
I think that test is just used as an example of a place where something heavy would be rather annoying to carry... if the PDA is comfy in that pocket, then it's light and small.
But what's the point then? ;) Is your wallet comfortable to carry in your shirt pocket? Mine is terribly uncomfortable to do so, but it fits just fine in my pants pockets. My pants pockets are larger by definition, and my Pocket PC is well-suited to them.

--janak

CTSLICK
08-05-2003, 04:46 PM
I rarely wear shirts with a pocket anymore but I'd never keep my Dell there. Aside from the size of my PDA I guarantee you I would drop kick it before the end of the day. I tried this with my Palm IIIx back in the day when I HAD to wear a dress shirt and tie. After punting it twice I decided it was the wrong thing to do and started putting it in a pants pocket. My Dad gave up on carrying his 5x in his shirt pocket for the same reason.

aroma
08-05-2003, 04:46 PM
Is your wallet comfortable to carry in your shirt pocket? Mine is terribly uncomfortable to do so, but it fits just fine in my pants pockets. My pants pockets are larger by definition, and my Pocket PC is well-suited to them.

Well Mr La-Ti-Da... obviously some of our wallets aren't quite as THICK as yours! :rotfl:

Kati Compton
08-05-2003, 04:59 PM
I would be very surprised if any woman ever carried a PDA in a shirt pocket...

Janak Parekh
08-05-2003, 05:09 PM
Well Mr La-Ti-Da... obviously some of our wallets aren't quite as THICK as yours! :rotfl:
That's probably true. Not because of the green, but rather because of the (awesome) PPCT biz cards I have stuffed in there. :lol:

Actually, I just got a new wallet. I used to have a trifold, but that was way too thick. My new bifold is quite a bit thinner, but it's still not shirt-pocket-worthy.

I would be very surprised if any woman ever carried a PDA in a shirt pocket...
Or much of anything. I can't remember the last time I saw a woman use a shirt-pocket, period. Of course, I'm in a rather fashion-conscious city...

--janak

Janak Parekh
08-05-2003, 06:31 PM
The discussion on the # of females on PPCT can be found here (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16160). Let's stay somewhat on topic, please. ;)

--janak

JonnoB
08-05-2003, 09:06 PM
I never carried my Pocket PC in my shirt pocket until I got my 221x - now I have a device that does not tug at my shirt to make me look like I have a single breast or chest tumor. I still out of habit, carry it in my pants pocket when I have no shirt pocket, but I am afraid of screen damage leaning against something where I really did not worry with my old J568 and integrated flip cover.

jeff
08-05-2003, 09:06 PM
I find it more covenant to have it on my waste next to the t68i :)

You keep your PPC on your waste? That's gross.

Ed Hansberry
08-05-2003, 09:12 PM
Shirt Pocket? 8O You bunch of geeks!

M-O-B-I-L-E P-A-N-T-S :rotfl:

absolutVenky
08-05-2003, 09:13 PM
My Dell Axim was too big for a shirt pocket but now that I have the 2215 I can take it everywhere - and I've actually invested in some shirts with pockets. Reminds of 10 years ago when I always wore shirts with pockets and carried my small engineer's notebook in my pocket :)

DanNotDan
08-05-2003, 09:15 PM
My ideal is a Pocket PC that fits comfortably in the back pocket of a pair of jeans, and is sturdy enough not to crack when I sit down. So far I haven't seen any serious contenders.

Janak Parekh
08-05-2003, 09:17 PM
I never carried my Pocket PC in my shirt pocket until I got my 221x
Whoa 8O Jonno, you decided to postpone the search for the ultimate unit and get a 2215 right now? The world's coming to an end... :lol: ;)

--janak

davidspalding
08-05-2003, 09:20 PM
I've ruined perfectly lovely sunglasses by letting them fall out of chest pockets. (I presume you are talking about "chest pockets.") My Casio would fit -- just checked -- but the danger of damage is just too great.

I usually carry my pda, my wallet, phone, and couple of other things, in a fanny pack which I sling across my left shoulder (so it hands under my right arm -- hard to pickpocket, and easy to access). ... I hate wearing those things over either my package or my patoot.

hdsalinas
08-05-2003, 09:21 PM
Even if it fits, I would not carry a PDA in my shirt pocket

I used to have a palmIIIx (before the days of PPC) and I had it in my shirt pocket one, I bent down to pick up something and it just fell and hit the floor screen down!! My screen broke and I had to spend like $40 to get a replacement glass.

For me the best place to carry your PPC is in your pants pocket. Its safe and practical. You can slide it with the screen facing your leg and it will be protected from almost anything. Thatīs why a cover lid is not that big of a deal for me.

dochall
08-05-2003, 09:27 PM
Well as a smoker all my shirts have pockets (no shirt pocket no purchase) but most of the time my Ipaq (5550 in an Ivolution) takes the place of my cigarette packet. I also prefer baggy shirts so it doesn't look too deformed.

If not I carry it in an inside pocket of a jacket.

I can relate to it falling out of my shirt pocket while bending down however as I did that this morning but no damage as it didn't have that far to fall.

Think about mobile pants but the shirt pocket is far more convenient and I refuse to wear it on my belt because that seems toooooo geeky (not as bad as the shoulder holsters somebody was doing for psion 5's though)
and I don't like having a case that can't lay flat.

JonnoB
08-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Whoa 8O Jonno, you decided to postpone the search for the ultimate unit and get a 2215 right now? The world's coming to an end... :lol: ;)

I needed (wanted) a WM2003 device and it was cheap relative to other offerings and the speed tests won me over. I still love my 568 in terms of overall form factor and features. Although not shirt-pocket size, it did have most of the things I needed. Now, it is my daughters device. So far, I have handed down to my wife and kids: HP J568, Maestro, iPaq 3135, 3650, Toshiba e310 and 740. I am still searching for that ultimate device.... and I have added to my list of requirements "shirt pocket-size" when it comes to ultimate hardware.

uvahoos
08-05-2003, 09:32 PM
My ideal is a Pocket PC that fits comfortably in the back pocket of a pair of jeans, and is sturdy enough not to crack when I sit down. So far I haven't seen any serious contenders.

Having just replaced my Jornada 568 (and before that a 547) I miss the hard cover. I carried my Jornada in my pants and jeans back pocket all the time. Sitting was no problem. Maybe you need larger pants? :D

Jacob
08-05-2003, 09:35 PM
But what's the point then? ;) Is your wallet comfortable to carry in your shirt pocket? Mine is terribly uncomfortable to do so, but it fits just fine in my pants pockets. My pants pockets are larger by definition, and my Pocket PC is well-suited to them.

--janak

Okay.. you got me, you're right that it's not a real world test case if noone carries them that way.

I have heard of people carrying it in their shirt pockets though. I wouldn't carry my wallet in my shirt pocket just because I'd think it's too easy to lose.

Dr. Grabow
08-05-2003, 09:38 PM
I feel a little out of place here - I wear a button-down shirt with a pocket every single day - weekends included. And, I was tempted to get an Ipaq 1945 just so I *could* keep it in my shirt pocket, until I saw the yellow screen.

So, for now, I just keep my monster Ipaq 5550 with CF expansion/battery hooked on my belt - just need to keep my belt tight enough ...

Jimmy Dodd
08-05-2003, 09:41 PM
I (almost) always carry my iPAQ in my shirt pocket and only on rare occaisions do I carry it in my pants pocket. Most of my shirts have pockets because I make it a point to buy shirts with pockets for just this reason. Pockets with buttoned flaps are also a big selling point for me. That avoids the whole problem of dropping the PPC when you bend over. I guess I'm the only one in this forum who tries on a shirt AND verifies that my Pocket PC will fit in the shirt pocket before buying it. :)

Jimmy Dodd
08-05-2003, 09:43 PM
I feel a little out of place here - I wear a button-down shirt with a pocket every single day - weekends included. And, I was tempted to get an Ipaq 1945 just so I *could* keep it in my shirt pocket, until I saw the yellow screen.

So, for now, I just keep my monster Ipaq 5550 with CF expansion/battery hooked on my belt - just need to keep my belt tight enough ...

The h2215 fits wonderfully in a dress shirt pocket - it's light enough so that the shirt doesn't sag, too.

hcbethel
08-05-2003, 09:48 PM
I used to keep a pda in my shirt pocket until I bent over to tie my shoes. Pdas do bounce when dropped. Somehow the pda screen surrived, and I changed to a flip case worn on my belt after that.

moaske
08-05-2003, 10:02 PM
I saw someone called this 'geeky' a few posts back, but i always carry my Loox in a Vaja Custom clicked into an UltraClip i attached in the corner of my pants pockets.
Never had/or will have shirt-pockets ;) and my pants are tight enough to be held-up by my but (if any) alone :mrgreen: , so the belt is not needed.

@Janak: I also have a huge bizz-card pack (http://www.party-pix.net/hippe_cards.htm) stuffed in my wallet, but you forgot the enormous weight of that stupid change that piles up in there ;)[/url]

Brad Adrian
08-05-2003, 10:11 PM
Shirt Pocket? 8O You bunch of geeks!
M-O-B-I-L-E P-A-N-T-S :rotfl:
E-V-E-S-T!

piperpilot
08-05-2003, 10:21 PM
Being a woman, I would NEVER put my iPAQ in my shirt pocket. However, when I'm not at work--and thus not wearing work clothes--I find that my iPAQ fits very nicely in my Mountain Hardwear Pack Pants, which, as pants designed for backpacking, have very deep pockets and even a zippered slot that fits the iPAQ and keeps it from falling out. That way, I can listen to music while I'm working out in the garden or mowing the lawn.

Rob Alexander
08-05-2003, 10:53 PM
With my iPaq 3760, I always wore it in a Grinder Gear case on an ultraclip. The iPaq would go inside and my mobile phone (tiny Nokia 8250) would go in the outside mesh pocket. No question, it was just a bit geeky, but I figured I'm happily married and well past trying to impress the ladies with my coolness and it really worked well. That iPaq, even bareback, would not have been comfortable in a shirt pocket and I already had too many other things in my pockets to make room.

After moving back to the US in June, I was planning to get an iPaq 55xx, but then I picked up an iPaq 2215 in a Circuit City and that was that. This is the best set of PDA features, in the lightest form factor, that I've ever seen. This is a total winner. So now I could carry this in my shirt pocket, but I use my front pants pocket instead. I'm worried, like others here, that I'd bend over and drop it if it were in my shirt.

On the criteria itself, I think it's a perfectly good one to use. It's not about whether or not you actually do carry it in a shirt pocket. It's that everyone knows what size a shirt pocket is and how much weight would be comfortable there. So when you say you really could carry this there, that communicates much more to most people than saying it's X x Y x Z inches in size and weighs W ounces.

szamot
08-05-2003, 10:54 PM
The way my ipaq is behaving I should really keep it in my back pocket so it is closer to something other than my heart.

Mark Kenepp
08-05-2003, 11:11 PM
That way, I can listen to music while I'm working out in the garden or mowing the lawn.

Wow, quiet mower :)

I personally purchase shirts because my J568 fits in the pockets.

Flight Shirts (http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=36P8&feature_id=&dir_id=885&group_id=890&cat_id=307&subcat_id=1&shop_id=) work great. A buttoned closed pocket for my J568 and a separate pocket for my Rotring Quatro.

When I do not wear a flight shirt (http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=36P8&feature_id=&dir_id=885&group_id=890&cat_id=307&subcat_id=1&shop_id=), I use my mobile pants. Four flight shirts (http://www.orvis.com/store/product_choice.asp?pf_id=36P8&feature_id=&dir_id=885&group_id=890&cat_id=307&subcat_id=1&shop_id=) and three pairs of mobile pants and I can get through the week. :wink:

I wonder why no one ever thought about making Mobile Shirts?

beq
08-05-2003, 11:13 PM
I can't count the number of times my BlueSpoon fell out of my shirt pocket when bending down (incidentally my BS isn't working now) :( Is why I changed to belt clip my cell also...

yawanag
08-05-2003, 11:22 PM
I'm with all those who say bending over with a PPC in the shirt pocket is pretty risky.

I usually carry mine in a pants pocket unless the pants have no pockets (Geez, I hate that!) Some of my pants pockets are not deep enough and the PPC fall out when I go to the john( Sorry, about that, but it's true. I'm just glad I don't stand :twisted: )

When it's skirt time, and no pockets, I have to put it in my purse. That's my least favorite so I'm always looking in my closet for something with pockets so I can carry my PPC.

That's another reason I would never order a case without a belt clip.

gibb-a
08-05-2003, 11:34 PM
One of the reasons I went with th 1910 was the fact that I can carry it in my shirt pocket and I do! I've also quickly learned to put my hand over it whenever I have to bend down... I prefer it to have it there than to have a big bulge in my pants... oh, on second thought... :D

ctmagnus
08-05-2003, 11:37 PM
I try to avoid shirts with pockets. Especially shirts with long sleeves and pockets. I hate long sleeves. I tend to carry my iPaq in either the thigh pocket of cargo pants, the hip pocket (of any pants), in a Piel Frama case (clipped to the hip pocket, in the thigh pocket or in the hip pocket) or in an evest.

You people should listen to Brad sometimes; he quite often has good things to say. :wink: But not Ed. Just ignore Ed. The only person who would ever wear mobile pants would be some poor loon who has stock in the company. ( :mrgreen: j/k :mrgreen: :lol: )

the_rapture
08-06-2003, 12:03 AM
Well, I'm one of those that like to put it in my shirt pocket. I have dropped it, but that's why I buy a Vaja case. I do carry it in my pant Pockets but that is usually when I'm in uniform. I just bought a Scott eVest so once the weather cools off I'll be wearing it.

JackTheTripper
08-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Most of the time I keep it in my right front pocket or if i'm wearing a coat I'll put it in the inside pocket. If I'm running to a quick meeting I'll pull it from it's home and throw it in my shirt pocket, but only for a trip down the hall.

bjornkeizers
08-06-2003, 12:36 AM
I only have one shirt with a pocket, and one that I can't close. Even if I did indeed have shirts with pockets, I still wouldn't wear my expensive PPC in one. Way back when I had a Palm Pilot Professional, I had it in a shirt pocket once, bent over to pick up a bag, and.. slip. There it went, slamming into a concrete floor. It survived, thankfully.

Nowadays, I carry all my devices on my hip like my cellphones. I used to own an Ipaq 3630 w/ CF pack, which I actually carried in a GameBoy Color holster.. I still have two of these, which I use for my Clie and Jornada 565

Anthony Caruana
08-06-2003, 12:55 AM
For a short time I was using a Palm vX. :( That's the first PDA I had that you could put in a shirt pocket comfortably.

The 2nd PDA I could easily shirt pocket is my 2210. However, I am worried, like many others that it will fall out. I had a cell phone that I dropped as I was entering an elevator. It fell in the narrow gap between the elevator and floor I was getting out on. The phone fell 18 floors. The only thing I recovered was the SIM. I do not want that to happen to my iPAQ.

For me the size test is shirt pocket but I generally carry my PDA in the inside pocket of my suit jacket or in a pants pocket or in my bum-bag when I am out and about.

QYV
08-06-2003, 01:04 AM
Shirts with pockets? I wear T-shirts to work every day, so it's jeans pockets or nothing for me. :wink:

ux4484
08-06-2003, 01:05 AM
I have very few shirts with pockets that I wear on a daily basis (anymore).......and even then, all the PDA's I've had, have been a tad too heavy or big to fit in them comfortably.
I usually put (good) pens just above the top button of my shirt collar, I've never owned a pocket protector.

portnoy
08-06-2003, 01:09 AM

--janak

I carry my Toshiba in a shirt pocket, less likely to sit on it that way. I think anyone that puts one in a pants pocket really should expect it to get broken. Oh, and they should admit that when they accuse the PDA manufacturer of making crappy products. :bangin:

Gen-M
08-06-2003, 01:26 AM
I wear my 1910 in my shirt pocket on those days that my shirt has a pocket. Otherwise it goes in my front right pants pocket.

I have not found a case to protect the screen that is small/thin enought for me. I actually feel that it is more apt to get broken in my pants than in my shirt pocket. :cry:

My other PPCs are too big to fit in a shirt pocket, or comfortably in a jeans pocket. They hang off my belt or, usually, off a corner of my pants pocket.

mcsouth
08-06-2003, 01:36 AM
I have personally carried my PDA's and cellphones (now a smartphone!) in numerous places on my body.

When I had my first PDA (a Palm IIIe), I bought a Rhinoskin case that clipped on my belt. Problems? Well, beyond the fact that I looked like a geek, I knocked it off a few times, I would have to manually position it when sitting down, and I broke the case clip more than once.

After that, I had a Palm M505, which fit very nicely in my shirt pocket with the standard flap. I carried it like that for several months, and preferred that location, until the inevitable happened - it fell out one day while I was up on the platform of a combine. It bounced about 3 times on the way down, denting the case, but the unit survived fine. Shortly thereafter, I purchased an aluminum flip case, and the size and weight increase caused the unit to move to my pants pocket.

Enter my iPaq 3630 with Silver Slider - nice unit, but BIG! Definitely pants pocket material, and even then, it was tricky to extract some days, depending on the pants I was wearing. Enter the Mobile Pants that I got for Xmas - the iPaq fit in the hidden pocket, just barely, but I was always paranoid about banging the unit against stuff while I worked, since it was basically against the outside of my thigh.

I have since replaced the iPaq with a Jornada 567 - what a sweet unit - definitely the best combination of power and form factor that I have ever owned. I carry the unit almost exclusively in my right pants pocket - no way would I consider trying to carry it in a shirt pocket.

Cellphones have typically resided in my shirt pockets, and yes, I have dropped a few as well - not too big of a deal in most cases - those cheap Nokias bounce well and seem tough as nails! Since getting my SPV smartphone, though, I have since taken to carrying it in my pants pocket as well, and only put it in my shirt pocket when it is a pocket with a button that sufficiently 'traps' the phone.

The whole "shirt-pocketable" thing when testing PDA's seems to be the gauge regarding the size and weight of the unit, but it certainly is subjective, as witnessed by the posts here - I'm sure we all have different tolerances for what we would carry in a shirt pocket. If I purchased an iPaq 1900 Series unit, I would probably carry it in my shirt pocket, at least part of the time, especially if I could also button the pocket with it in there.

Oh, and pants pockets are not infallible either. I took my kids to the theatre this last weekend, and while stretched out on the seat, my Jornada managed to slip out of my pocket and crash to the floor. It survived the crash okay, but it wasn't until the next day that I realized my PDA Panache stylus had been lost, probably from that drop (considering that the CF card was also knocked partway out, that is probably what happened). Yes, Ed, I know that MOBILE PANTS HAVE ZIPPERS!!!!!

The Half-Ling
08-06-2003, 01:47 AM
Three words Dockers Mobile Pants...hehehe I own 1 or 2 shirts with pockets, and for a brief period i carried my 2215 in their but I sold it and am happier with my 5555 :D

Jake!

Janak Parekh
08-06-2003, 01:51 AM
I carry my Toshiba in a shirt pocket, less likely to sit on it that way.
Hmm, you must wear different kinds of pants than I. ;) I personally always carry my PDAs in my front pants pockets, and I've never destroyed one of my many PDAs even when crawling underneath hooking up cables. (I don't ever carry them naked, though.)

--janak

yvilla
08-06-2003, 02:18 AM
Wow, I seem to be the only one who always carries my PPC in a case with a shoulder strap.
(Think Lodis: http://www.styluscentral.com/lodziparpdap.html )

I do have an evest, but whenever I try to use it it's so loaded down that it's uncomfortably heavy.

maximus
08-06-2003, 02:20 AM
On weekdays, my shirt pocket is always occupied by a dimage Xi.
And the axim is on my belt. I considered carrying it on my front pants pocket also, but I am afraid that the GPRS card might get broken or something. I used to put a motorola T720 on my belt also, but when I looked at a mirror, I realized that I started to look like a christmas tree (with all the stuffs hanging on my belt) .. so I finally decided to put the T720 on my front pants pocket.

When I am travelling, I put the axim inside a leather cover-all, and put it on my waist bag.

I wish someone invented an axim tie-clip, so that I can clip the axim onto the back of my necktie. he heh.

caywen
08-06-2003, 02:45 AM
Sorry, but the 2215 doesn't cut it in the shirt pocket dept IMO. Too thick. It definitely tugs at my pocket too much.

The only PDA's I have owned that have met this:

1. Palm V
2. iPaq 1940 (my current one)

ctmagnus
08-06-2003, 02:58 AM
Shirts with pockets? I wear T-shirts to work every day, so it's jeans pockets or nothing for me. :wink:

:werenotworthy: :werenotworthy: :werenotworthy:

cyp
08-06-2003, 03:07 AM
I carry my sleeveless 3970 in my pants pocket most of the time except when I am driving. Then it goes to my shirt pocket (if I happen to wear one). I like to catch up on some reading when I'm stuck at the traffic lights. It is easier to take my ipaq out from my shirt pocket than having to squirm around trying to dig it out from my pants pocket while I am belted in.

Prevost
08-06-2003, 03:14 AM
1. I keep my cell phone and my Cross ion there :mrgreen:
2. In my job I bent down frequently and everything there is at risk of falling (yes, my cell phone too, but I would rather risk it than a PDA - I can love a PDA, but not yet a cell phone. I want an Ericsson 306!)

Stephen Beesley
08-06-2003, 08:52 AM
Damn - talk about suprised :eek:

You post a little poll, log off and come back twelve hours later and find that your poll has turned into a seven page thread (with all sorts of unexpected responses) with its very own link on the front page....

Got to love PPCthouths :D

Goldtee

aroma
08-06-2003, 03:14 PM
I have personally carried my PDA's and cellphones (now a smartphone!) in numerous places on my body.

To much information! :oops:

stmfuller
08-06-2003, 03:43 PM
I carry mine in the following:
1. Jacket pocket, weather permitting.
2. Pants pocket, pockets permitting.
3. Backpack, school time permitting.
4. Wife's purse, permitting she'll let me :lol:

Kati Compton
08-06-2003, 04:41 PM
The naked mustache and ctmagnus discussion has been split.

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16211&highlight=

:nonono:

;)

claud9999
08-06-2003, 05:38 PM
If you want something that fits comfy in your shirt pocket, find a Xircom Rex. They aren't made anymore, but they're pretty cool. I have one, but I'm too nervous to use it as I dropped my first one and broke the screen. (And I use my PocketPC normally anyways.)

ctmagnus
08-06-2003, 08:58 PM
If you want something that fits comfy in your shirt pocket, find a Xircom Rex. They aren't made anymore, but they're pretty cool. I have one, but I'm too nervous to use it as I dropped my first one and broke the screen. (And I use my PocketPC normally anyways.)

I was considering one of those at one time. But I eventually forgot about them (tiny screen, greyscale screen, limited usability...) then I heard about Crackberries and kept confusing Rim with Rex and am very glad I decided to go with a Pocket PC, even if it is a wee bit too large to stick in a shirt pocket (which I don't use anyways.)

NewKreation
08-07-2003, 02:55 PM
I've carried a Pocket PC in the inside pocket of my suit coat. However, you could see a slight crease in the coat from the weight of the unit. I think the only handheld that would work in the suit of a coat pocket would have to weigh a couple of ounces and that may even be to heavy. About the only thing to not crease my suit coat would be a pen. How much does a pen weigh?