View Full Version : Can you get e-mail on your 5550?

ctmagnus
08-05-2003, 06:41 AM
Like the title sez, can you get e-mail on your iPaq 5550? I'm not talking about the Inbox sync conduit but actually setting up an account on the device and downloading directly there.

As of today, I'm zero for a really big number in attempts after resets, hard resets, and virgin setups using Inbox, WebIS Mail and both.

I think I may have received a bum iPaq!

TopDog
08-05-2003, 06:54 AM
Or is it something in your settings? I don't currently have an iPAQ, but they all do the same thing... I've always been able to get my mail on all the PDA's/PPC's I've had.

What is your setup, do you dial-in, use GPRS, VPN, public mailserver? Any error-messages?

ericdo
08-05-2003, 06:57 AM
I'm downloading mail off my webserver using Bluetooth and a GPRS phone. No big issues - although learning a new Connection Manager that is even more confusing than the old was a bit of a pain.

Where are things going wrong for you? Are you downloading via W-Fi or GPRS/GSM

Cheers

ctmagnus
08-05-2003, 06:59 AM
Or is it something in your settings? I don't currently have an iPAQ, but they all do the same thing... I've always been able to get my mail on all the PDA's/PPC's I've had.

What is your setup, do you dial-in, use GPRS, VPN, public mailserver? Any error-messages?

I've tried using it while in the cradle and using the wireless. I doubt it's a configuration issue because I've setup the account so many times I can't count anymore, all producing the exact same error. And using the same version of the same program on my iPaq 3670, it works flawlessly using both methods I described above.

Pony99CA
08-05-2003, 07:16 AM
I've tried using it while in the cradle and using the wireless. I doubt it's a configuration issue because I've setup the account so many times I can't count anymore, all producing the exact same error. And using the same version of the same program on my iPaq 3670, it works flawlessly using both methods I described above.
Ah, wait a second! What version of what program are you using? That doesn't sound like Inbox.

If you're not using Inbox, maybe that program doesn't support Windows Mobile 2003. Have you tried downloading your E-mail using Inbox?

Steve

ctmagnus
08-05-2003, 05:23 PM
Ah, wait a second! What version of what program are you using? That doesn't sound like Inbox.

If you're not using Inbox, maybe that program doesn't support Windows Mobile 2003. Have you tried downloading your E-mail using Inbox?

Steve

I've been using Inbox and WebIS Mail (v1.02, which was released to Correct a problem in the previous version's installer on WM2003 devices).

leeda.wood
08-05-2003, 05:48 PM
My answer was no, as I can't even connect via modem (see my posted message under iPAQ re: password truncation). I am using mNotes and have disabled Inbox. I can ActiveSync my Notes from my desktop thru our WAN, which is working great. However, unless I overcome the password problem, I won't be able to acess our remote server while traveling...

Jerry Raia
08-05-2003, 06:41 PM
I sync (5555) with my exchange 2003 server and just the inbox. Works fine with BlueTooth, WiFi and a modem. WebIS mail however, just crashes my 5555.

I have also set up an IMAP account with the same server and had no problems.

ctmagnus
08-05-2003, 08:25 PM
I sync (5555) with my exchange 2003 server and just the inbox. Works fine with BlueTooth, WiFi and a modem. WebIS mail however, just crashes my 5555.

Guess what? After like a jillion tries, I set it up and let it sit overnight without being used. This morning, I picked it up, opened Inbox and tapped Send and Receive. It worked!

:clap: :alfdance: :new-bday: :ninja: :x-mas:

But WebIS Mail was acting funny and crashing and stuff, so I think I'll ditch it until the new version comes out.