View Full Version : edit word completion dictionary?

ppcnick
08-05-2003, 05:01 AM
I have been happily using my new 2215 for wireless surfing, email, and chatting with msn messenger while on the road. When chatting I often send badly typed words, conjoined words, etc. Apparently the device remembers these words, believing that I might like to use them again in the future, and offers them up in the word completion window, the next time I try to type the word correctly. Is there any way to edit the dictionary and remove these erroneous entries.

Also, is there a keystroke that I can use to accept a word completion offering when typing on my hp foldable keyboard instead of tapping the word on the screen?

ppcnick
08-09-2003, 06:21 PM
Answer: Simply attempt to install MS eMbedded Visual Basic Runtime and Pocket Flash Cards, wait while device freezes up, then attempt several unsuccessful soft resets. Next, do a hard reset and, voila!, your auto complete dictionary reverts to default entries.

Recommended: first run iPAQ Backup. Wish I had done that.....

Steven Cedrone
08-09-2003, 07:40 PM
There may have been an easier way... :wink:

Too bad about not having a backup...

Steve

Prevost
08-10-2003, 09:00 PM
Answer: Simply attempt to install MS eMbedded Visual Basic Runtime and Pocket Flash Cards, wait while device freezes up, then attempt several unsuccessful soft resets. Next, do a hard reset and, voila!, your auto complete dictionary reverts to default entries.

Recommended: first run iPAQ Backup. Wish I had done that.....I hope this is a joke... :roll:

Kati Compton
08-10-2003, 09:04 PM

Recommended: first run iPAQ Backup. Wish I had done that.....I hope this is a joke... :roll:
I don't think it's a suggestion, but his/her statement that the issue is now moot, because the above happened.

ppcnick
08-10-2003, 10:07 PM

I don't think it's a suggestion, but his/her statement that the issue is now moot, because the above happened.

Bingo. The learning curve can be very steep when you are a Pocket PC novice. :oops:

Prevost
08-10-2003, 10:12 PM

Bingo. The learning curve can be very steep when you are a Pocket PC novice. :oops:Oh, I see...well, I think so.

It is NOT so steep in Palm :mrgreen: but I do not have included dictionaries or word completion within.

Now a question: does Pocket PC word completion and dictionary support Spanish languaje??? Very important to me!

sjg64
06-11-2004, 11:48 AM
:roll: Not sure if this will do exactly what you are looking for. I wanted to edit the Pocket Word spell checker list (or custom dictionary). I found that you can do this if you go to the custom.dic located in the the path:

\windows\custom.dic

the .dic extension is not visible. I moved the file to a folder that syncs with my PC. Edited the file on my PC and then cut-paste the file back to the path \window\custom.

That's it.