View Full Version : IPAQ 1940/1945 Battery

nrmenezes
08-04-2003, 10:26 PM
I've bought a IPAQ 1945 and previously I had a palm.
My question is about the battery, Palm have a good battery life, and I found that IPAQ battery is not as good as palm.
There is any option to upgrade the battery (from 900mha to 1200 or 1800 mha)?
What is the normal battery life for a ipaq 1945?
If I set a reminder how can I prevent IPAQ to turn on and stay turned on. Normally the palm wouldn't turn on with a reminder, it would keep turned off and after I turn on manually it would display a dialog box with the remainder. I think this is a option in IPAQ, I don't know which. Am I Right?

Thank you very much,

Nuno

SHoTTa35
08-05-2003, 02:16 PM
first question. This is the main reason people didn't want to switch from Palms. Because of their monochrome screens and 16mhz CPUs the battery life was weeks.. with PPCs and their more powerful CPUs and brighter screens odds are the battery wont last that long anymore (and it doesn't on Palms Ts too..) You can't go from that to all this much power using the same batteries and expect same batt life.
So normal batt life of continuous use is maybe 5hrs? I haven't tried it fully.

And alarms aren't just sounding alarms, most of the time on PPCs you have information as to what the alarm is and what you are spose to do so it makes sense for the screen to turn on as well. It supposed to turn back off (whatever you set it when running on battery power)

Don't think those battery capacities are available yet.... so you gotta wait...