View Full Version : Does anyone really read the subject line?

easylife
08-04-2003, 04:10 PM
When posting replies to topics, I find that I almost never fill in the "subject" line. Personally, I don't read them either. I was wondering if ignoring the subject line is something that the majority of Thoughts readers do, or am I missing out on valuble insights of the PPCT community by my ignorance?

So.... please vote! :D

Kati Compton
08-04-2003, 04:48 PM
I never fill them in either.

Jacob
08-04-2003, 05:02 PM
I never fill them in.

I'll read it if someone else does though...

GoldKey
08-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Didn't even notice it was there until you asked!

egads
08-04-2003, 05:12 PM
Just like email I think the software should add a "Re:" to the subject line you are replying to. Its bugs me not to see a subject line, and it bugs me even more when I have to track down the orginal subject line and copy/paste it in my reply. Its such a pain I find myself not filling in the subject line. Like I sdaid above, I wish it was done automatically when replying to a thread...

Duncan
08-04-2003, 05:57 PM
:?:

easylife
08-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Just like email I think the software should add a "Re:" to the subject line you are replying to. Its bugs me not to see a subject line, and it bugs me even more when I have to track down the orginal subject line and copy/paste it in my reply. Its such a pain I find myself not filling in the subject line. Like I sdaid above, I wish it was done automatically when replying to a thread...

Just click the "quote" button and remove their reply. If they have a subject, the you will see "Re: {their subject}" in your subject line :wink:

Evee Ev
08-04-2003, 06:07 PM
i try to use it most of the time. saying something catchy in that subject can be a chore sometime. :wink:

Hyperluminal
08-04-2003, 06:13 PM
I never use it, and I usually don't even read it... :)

bjornkeizers
08-04-2003, 08:10 PM
I never read them. On quite a few forums, if you reply, your subject reads RE: and then the original subject.. and since nobody reads the damn subject line anyway, I never bother.

Except today, just for you :D

Steven Cedrone
08-04-2003, 10:18 PM
I uually never bother reading them... Unless someone posts half of their reply in the subject, and I have to reread the post to figure out what the heck they're talking about... :evil:

Steve

maximus
08-06-2003, 02:40 AM
I uually never bother reading them... Unless someone posts half of their reply in the subject, and I have to reread the post to figure out what the heck they're talking about... :evil:

Steve

Actually some people in my office love to do that in their emails. They say that it is more effective to catch people's attention. Doh.

Kati Compton
08-06-2003, 05:02 AM
In emails I think the subject line is more noticeable.