View Full Version : Pocket Blog

JohnJohn
08-04-2003, 04:48 AM
Plain & simple...PocketBlog rocks. I love the interface with blogger.com. I have a few errors...but the latest version shows as a beta. Free @ www.pocketblog.com

absolutVenky
08-04-2003, 06:42 AM
Looks interesting but has not been updated in almost a year. The full installer does not work on PPC 2003 either - it needs embedded VB runtime, and I can't find this for PPC 2003. Is it available at all? I thought only .NET compact is supported on PPC 2003.

TopDog
08-04-2003, 07:34 AM
Cool, I'm installing it now...

TopDog
08-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Looks interesting but has not been updated in almost a year. The full installer does not work on PPC 2003 either - it needs embedded VB runtime, and I can't find this for PPC 2003. Is it available at all? I thought only .NET compact is supported on PPC 2003.
This is what I read in the support-forum:
Unfortunately, the VB runtime has been removed from Pocket PC 2003 in
favor of the .NET Compact Framework. You will need to download a copy
of the VB runtime and install it in RAM.
I've just tested it on my Axim (still waiting for that CD, so I'm using PPC2002) and it works great, atleast against Blogger.

There are two flaws that I found. No way of putting in a Subject to the post, and you have to start a internet-connection manually (when using GSM/GPRS).

JohnJohn
08-04-2003, 03:42 PM
I just copied the .cab file over. After installing on PPC an Explorer window opened directing me to the link below. Luckily I was on my 802.11b. :) Downloaded an installed VB directly on PPC.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/resources/downloads/developer/evb.mspx