View Full Version : A Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse that WORKS!

ChrisHasenpflug
08-03-2003, 11:49 PM
Just got in from work. Our Logitech rep stopped by the store today and let me in on a little info. Apparantly Logitech will be releaseing a Bluetooth Keyboard & Mouse combo in early September. Being geek that I am, my first question, was will the Bluetooth Adapter support additional devices such as Pocket PCs. She reponded with a confident "yes"! Apparantly Logitech knows of the Microsoft downfall and is making sure to get the word out.

She gave the model number MX900 and a quick serach on :google: reveals several foreign documents relating to such a bluetooth device but no pictures. If this really pans out :beer: here's to Logitech for beating out the competition. :way to go:

Jerry Raia
08-04-2003, 12:37 AM
I'll be looking for this! Thanks for the info :D

Eitel
08-04-2003, 04:01 AM
Yes their adapter is going to work with the PPC's, or yes, the keyboard and mouse will work with the PPC's?

Keyboard and mices use the HID profile, and there's no PPC that supports that profile yet, so my guess is that their adapter is going to support the serial protocol.

ChrisHasenpflug
08-04-2003, 04:08 AM
Keyboard and mices use the HID profile, and there's no PPC that supports that profile yet, so my guess is that their adapter is going to support the serial protocol.

That is correct. Sorry for not being more clear.

Janak Parekh
08-04-2003, 04:47 AM
Whoa. I hope it's a split keyboard to boot; and if the mouse is anything like the MX700 it would be a killer combo. :way to go:

--janak

ChrisHasenpflug
08-04-2003, 05:08 AM
Whoa. I hope it's a split keyboard to boot; and if the mouse is anything like the MX700 it would be a killer combo. :way to go:

Not sure about the keyboard, but she said the mouse would be the same as the mx700, just bluetooh instead. :way to go: is right

Eitel
08-05-2003, 02:04 PM
TDK is beta testing their new software for their adapter. Is going to support the HID profile. That means you can use their BT adapter with a PPC and with the MS BT keyboard and mouse.

I already own both,and I can't wait to get this updated software. :D

SHoTTa35
08-05-2003, 02:09 PM
TDK is beta testing their new software for their adapter. Is going to support the HID profile. That means you can use their BT adapter with a PPC and with the MS BT keyboard and mouse.

I already own both,and I can't wait to get this updated software. :D

yeah, this is all i'm really looking forward to. and it would get rid of the extra cable on the desktop. Plug it in the back and forget it. table with a nice LCD should look real clean and organsized soon!