View Full Version : New Hard Case 2210 Woooohooo! Finaly!

tourdewolf
08-03-2003, 10:24 PM
Check out the new hard case for the 2210, just what I have been waiting for :D. Now if someone will just make a thumb board :?
TD

http://www.innopocket.com/EShop/Main/product.php?ID=79&name=iPaq

Huy
08-03-2003, 11:13 PM
Wooow you guys are good. I was just looking at that same metal case and thinking about posting the link here. Good job!!

I might get this case but 100% sure if it has a belt clip in the back.

Hydra
08-04-2003, 12:56 AM
awesome.. just what i was looking for. order sent :D

cab124
08-04-2003, 01:13 AM
I wonder how a case like this will work when using SD or CF WiFi cards.

Anthony Caruana
08-04-2003, 01:27 AM
I wonder how a case like this will work when using SD or CF WiFi cards.

According to the specs on the site

Cutouts give easy access to stylus, memory slot, headphone jack, IR port, Microphone, Reset Button, Speaker and charging/synchronizaton port. Simply use a hotsync cable to data synchronizes without removing the handheld from the case.

I had one of these for my 3850 and it was real solid.

I'm thinking of getting one of these but will wait to see what the rpices are like through resellers like Proporta.

Anthony Caruana
08-04-2003, 01:34 AM
Just checked Proporta and they have the same/similar case at http://www.proporta.com/Dept.asp?id=143 for ₤24.95.

cab124
08-04-2003, 02:49 AM
I really like the way the 2215 feels in my hand. The size is just right and the rubber side grips really do give it a non-slip kind of feel. With one of these aluminum cases, the rubber side grips are no longer used. Does gripping the aluminum case feel pretty good? Does it tend to want to slip?

Also, what happens to the door while using the device? Does it stay to the side or does it fold around the back? Does the open door interfere with the way the device is gripped? Is the device hard to use while this door is flapping around?

Maybe these sound like dumb questions, but I have never seen or used a case like this so I am curious about some of the usability issues. If people who have used this style of case say that it has a high usability factor, then I will be all over it!

Anthony Caruana
08-04-2003, 01:11 PM
I really like the way the 2215 feels in my hand. The size is just right and the rubber side grips really do give it a non-slip kind of feel. With one of these aluminum cases, the rubber side grips are no longer used. Does gripping the aluminum case feel pretty good? Does it tend to want to slip?

With the iPAQ 3850 it made little difference but with the 2210 i think it will make the device less hand-friendly

Also, what happens to the door while using the device? Does it stay to the side or does it fold around the back? Does the open door interfere with the way the device is gripped? Is the device hard to use while this door is flapping around?

On the one I had with my old 3850 the door sort of just stayed open on the side. It didn't fold all the way around to the back. That's why I'm looking at flip cases for my 2210

Maybe these sound like dumb questions, but I have never seen or used a case like this so I am curious about some of the usability issues. If people who have used this style of case say that it has a high usability factor, then I will be all over it!

No dumb questions here. All seem pretty smart to me! :D

Hope this helps