View Full Version : Great prices and customer service through hp.com education store

austingeog
08-03-2003, 07:22 PM
This has probably been stated before but I found out about it on another message board and it was exteremely helpful to me. I went to hp.com and then to their education store. I used the 800 number and being in Texas they gave me a quote of $267 for the Ipaq 2210. I was already excited about the $293 price but this was even better. I ordered it on a Monday and I knew shipping was free but they sent it 2 day FedEx. It left Tuesday and got to me on the Thursday. They were very helpful on the phone and other things are discounted also. The keyboard was $77 not $99, etc. When you call the 800 number for the education people you get through very fast and I would suggest going through them because you might get an even better deal than the one listed like it happened to me. Probably 8 out of 10 people know someone in college, have someone in college in the family, or are associated with higher education in some way. Also this works for K12 and government as well. At worse you can get the $293 price. And like I said the service was fantastic. One thing though I did have to get mailed to my university address. But they said there was another branch of the education store that can mail to street addresses.

tasmms
08-03-2003, 09:51 PM
Could you help me out with a link or phone number? I have been looking around HP's site and cannot seem to find any good deals (education).
Thanks

austingeog
08-03-2003, 10:41 PM
Here is the # call hp 1-877-480-HiEd I called this number though and they were fantastic 1.800.727.2472 and try these links.

http://government.hp.com/index2.asp?agencyid=142

http://gem.compaq.com/gemstore/downloadpricelist.asp?page=PL&secured=&oi=E9CED

Strange it is right on the front page of hp.com to get there.....

I am not making this up but I now get a price of $356 for the H2210. I wonder if they got too many people getting it for the $293 price? Don't know...I would call the 727 number and see what is going on once the work week starts.