View Full Version : Uses for CF modem card?

austingeog
08-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Hi all,

I currently do not have Internet access at home. Not a big deal as I am in grad schoo, constantly on campus and have yummy T1 when I am there. But after purchasing an Ipaq 2210 I was wondering of the usefulness of getting a modem card and say one of the $10 dollar a month subscription services. But upon reflection do you need a special service when you are using a pocketpc and CF modem, one that works with wireless cards? I do have a foldable keyboard so I would be able to answer email I suppose. And I have heard of a program that will take webpages and format them for viewing on PocketPCs. Does anyone know if those $10 a month sites work with a pocketpc/modem combination? Lastly when traveling would intenet access work? One of the reasons I am even considering this is I will be doing more field work soon and would like internet access while in the field. I will be in the U.S. though. Sorry for not knowing much on this topic and thanks for any responses.

austingeog
08-03-2003, 07:44 PM
For most of the modems I saw, you need to plug them into a phoneline. But if I get a bluetooth enabled phone...it looks like I can use the internet connection on my phone and anytime minutes to connect which would be helpful.