View Full Version : Help on DVD burning

Shaun Stuart
08-02-2003, 10:09 PM
I know this is off topic but I am having a real problem trying to burn a DVD and thought someone here may be able to help or at least point me in the right direction.

I have a 4gb Mpeg file (converted using Power director pro) which I am trying to burn to a 4.7 GB DVD-RW disk as a dvd movie (using power director pro). I have double checked the file and it is no bigger than 4gb (about 3.9) but the disk wizard tells me the file is to big for the DVD.

The program recognizes the DVD as a 4.7gb disk but wont let me continue because it thinks the file is to big.

Any ideas ?

CoreyJF
08-03-2003, 12:18 AM
I have had the sme problem. Whayt I noticed was the program I was using was converting the video file. Once converted the file was larger. I haven't used you program. Is it one of those all in one tools? Have you tried another program. I was using mydvd and it just was not efficent at creating vob's and had the same probelm

Shaun Stuart
08-03-2003, 07:41 AM
The Power Director Pro software takes a video file and converts it to be used based on the format that you want to burn it to. If you choose VCD it will create a VCD file if you choose DVD it will create a DVD file.

The video file I started with was a .avi file which was 713mb. I choose to create a DVD movie using the file and Power Director automatically converted it to a 3.9gb MPEG file and then asks to put a DVD in the drive to burn. It recognizes the DVD and shows the space available, in this case 4.7gb, but when I go to burn the file it says that it is to big for the disk.

I exited out of the program and used file explorer to double check the sizr of the file it was trying to burn and it is 3.9gb - I just dont get it why do these things have to be so complicated ?