View Full Version : Is it me or it?

harrell
08-02-2003, 10:01 PM
My e310 crashed after months of use and they told me it was the Sandisk card. so I bought another kind. No problems for months again

But then I had the problem of needeing to soft re-set and it would do a hard rest! ( which is a big deal when you use Lotus Notes and Pylon.)

After long times on the phone, I sent it in to repair the problem that a soft reset would do a hard seset.

Loaded it all up on the repaired one and the same thing happened again.
So this time I got a replacement one and after loading it up the firrt time, it crashed. Called them back and they said do a hard reset !!!!! (just did it of course loading the replacement one)

So they said the problem was the non-supported software.

All I had on it then was Pylon, and Pocket Informant, plus a diction ary and a bible. Lots of menory avaiable.

I really like the Pocket Informant and want to load it back, but now I'm scared to do it.

Is the 310 touchy and should I buy a Compq instead to get some stability?

Can anyone help me with this?

SHoTTa35
08-02-2003, 11:03 PM
Ipaq!!

Janak Parekh
08-02-2003, 11:11 PM
First, you really should use the unit in a "base configuration" for some time, and then slowly add your SD card and apps back to see what's causing it. PI should be safe, but first try it without anything for a little time.

It's entirely possible that it's a hardware problem and you've been given another defective unit back -- if you determine that to be the case (e.g., crashes even with no software) you might want to demand a brand-new unit from Toshiba. I haven't heard this frequently about the e3xx units, so I don't think it's a systemic problem, but I could be wrong.

All of that said, if you're looking to upgrade, now is a great time. Most of the new Pocket PC 2003 units are fast and quite stable.

--janak

Jeff Rutledge
08-02-2003, 11:42 PM
I agree with Janak that you should run the base build for a while. If it runs fine for a while, add things one at a time. If it doesn't, then you have something to take to Toshiba.

Also, I agree that PI is probably fine. I've used PI in various versions on at least 5 devices and all were OK (no Toshiba's though).