View Full Version : How do I get rid of the extra junk?

sunni
08-02-2003, 05:12 AM
Please keep in mind I am a Pocket PC newbie.

After removing a program from my Ipaq 2210 I have noticed that sometimes a folder and other junk gets left behind. How can I remove this? I found out how to remove a program but I don't see any way to delete the stray flotsom.

Thanks!

Pony99CA
08-02-2003, 07:08 AM
After removing a program from my Ipaq 2210 I have noticed that sometimes a folder and other junk gets left behind. How can I remove this? I found out how to remove a program but I don't see any way to delete the stray flotsom.
Use File Explorer on the Pocket PC to delete it. You can also use ActiveSync's Explore button and delete the items from the desktop.

Steve

Chris Spera
08-02-2003, 03:01 PM
Use File Explorer on the Pocket PC to delete it. You can also use ActiveSync's Explore button and delete the items from the desktop.

Steve

File Explorer isn't the most intuative applet in the world. If its not what you thought it would be, or if you just don't like it, you can purchase a copy of Resco File Explorer here: http://www.handango.com/brainstore/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?siteId=311&productId=11118.

Its $19.95 US, but well worth the money, especially if you were looking for something that resembled Windows Explorer on the desktop (as much as it can on a Pocket PC.)

However... Steve's procedure is right. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Christopher Spera

Jorgen
08-02-2003, 05:06 PM
There is a program called remover http://www.pocketpcfreewares.com/index.php?soft=688 (this is version 0.93 which I have not tried)

It calls itself freeware and some people has with certain versions received an out-of-date message. If you get that, try version 0.85 (what I have but I have forgotten wherefrom) or 1.11.

Jorgen

sunni
08-03-2003, 02:39 PM
I downloaded the Resco trial and it worked like a charm! :) I may try a few other explorer programs but I will definately be replacing the original one!!