View Full Version : Jornada not recognizing CF card

hdsalinas
08-01-2003, 06:55 PM
My jornada 540 is not recognizing my CF card. When insterting a CF card it brings up a windows saying "urecognized card" bla,bla, bla... "unknown card in socket 1" I have tried with my 256mb and a 8MB card and I get the same problem.

Is there a way to fix it?

thanks

Sven Johannsen
08-01-2003, 07:03 PM
Hopefully you haven't already tried a soft reset. Try it with the card out and with it in.

If that doesn't help, it may be time for a hard reset. I know that is extreme, but it seems that some driver may be messed up, and the only way to clear that easily is to go back to 'factory fresh'. Be sure you understand the ramafications of a hard reset and backup as appropriate.

If that fails to restore your CF capability, it would be a hardware issue, and given the age of the 540, could be a sign to get a new PPC. Fixing it may be more expensive.

hdsalinas
08-03-2003, 07:38 AM
Well I hard reseted my device many times and this behaviour remains. I have not used my Jornada for almost two years now since I got my ipaq. But my ipaq´s digitizer broke so I am back with the Jornada until I get a new PPC (ipaq 2215).

I guess my Jornada has seen its better days already. But it served me well and its battery is almost as good as it was the first day!

jmz28
08-26-2003, 07:19 PM
Well I hard reseted my device many times and this behaviour remains. I have not used my Jornada for almost two years now since I got my ipaq. But my ipaq´s digitizer broke so I am back with the Jornada until I get a new PPC (ipaq 2215).

I guess my Jornada has seen its better days already. But it served me well and its battery is almost as good as it was the first day!

Digitizer is an easy fix, if you have the tools. I have done 2 already, and its not something that you really have to send off...

You can buy a new digitizer on ebay for like 46 dollars shipped, then its just a matter of installing it. If not, sell your unit on ebay and make some money...I know I would have bought it a few weeks ago.

PM me if you need help with the install.