View Full Version : I want to scream - looking for T Mobile contact info

Tuesday
08-01-2003, 02:53 PM
I am so frustrated with the customer service department at T Mobile
I’d like to throw my Pocket PC at them.
After messing up my original (pristine condition, 1 month old) Pocket PC by trying to download T Mobile’s upgrade from THEIR website, I am on the THIRD ‘refurbished’ replacement phone: It shuts off
the phone at random and unless I check it constantly I have know way of knowing this until I’ve missed
(who knows how many) business calls.
The current replacement they sent out to me won’t even connect to charge or hot sync!
A week ago a ‘supervisor’ named Hament apparently gave a stamp of approval to the fact that T-Mobile needed to send me a new pc phone (that would actually work) to replace the new one they’d damaged.

I was told I would receive the phone on Mon or Tues (7/28 or 7/29). I arranged to work from home those days so that I could be here when it arrived. After a week of calls and a weeks worth of different versions of what was going on I was told just now that the order didn’t go in until 7/30 and not only hasn’t the phone shipped from their warehouse yet, no one a T-Mobile will be able to give me any idea when it will.

I have never been able to talk to the same person twice when I call “Customer Care” (I believe the name of that
department is some insider’s sarcastic joke, by the way).

You are not allowed to ask for anyone in particular and when they tell you someone will call you back you can bet it will
never happen.
According to AJ(ID# 2743006) he was emailing his supervisor (Hament) with and urgent message to call when he came in on
Tuesday. Today’s Friday, no call back and when I call ‘customer care’ and ask for either of them I’m told it’s a call center and that
they cannnot transfer calls (they act as if they’ve never heard of either of them)>

There I am, back to the ‘care routine’:
You’re forced to go through explaining your story over and over again so that you
may be deemed ‘worthy’ of speaking to someone in ‘second level’ and then ‘third level’ each time you call..
If you ask for a supervisor, or a supervisor’s supervisor you never speak to the same one twice ( I don’t believe their are
any supervisors, I think they just transfer the call to the guy sitting next to them – I haven’t spoken to anyone there who
seemed to have any idea what was going on).

I just finished working my way through 3 of these alleged supervisors; Kay, Richard and then Larry(ID# 54892). Each of them was more argumentative than the last. Result? No information.

The last one (Richard) told me that I could keep on asking for supervisors until I got to their vice president but the result would be the same (they should give this jerk their ‘care’ award). I told him I believe that is the case and we may as well cut to the chase and asked him to give me the name and contact information for T-Mobile’s vp.

Richard said they have too many vps to count and so he could not do that.
OK Richard, how about the T-Mobile president?
Suddenly Richard remembers the name of the vp of this ‘customer care’ department:
Sue Nokes
PO Box 37380
Albuquerque NM 87176

I ask for her email or phone extension. Richard does not have this info (surprised?)
I ask for the presidents contact info, after a struggle Richard gives me a name along with the same po address:

Robert Dodson
PO Box 37380
Albuquerque NM 87176

If someone at T-Mobile told me the sky was blue, I’d have to step outside and check it myself before I’d believe it.

Is there anyone here who has any real contact information for some who’s in charge at T-Mobile
(IS ANYONE running the show down there?)
If I could just talk to someone there who had some intelligence and a sense of responsibility - is there such a person?

dh
08-01-2003, 03:01 PM
If you didn't already post it there, I'd suggest you post your comments over at Howard Chui's site www.howardforums.com.

Several of the members of his T-Mobile forum are customer support guys and I bet someone there can help you out, or suggest who you should be talking with.

You might want to edit the post slightly so as not to start off by annoying them though.

Tuesday
08-01-2003, 03:13 PM
Thank you David, will do!!

Monty Gibson
08-01-2003, 07:16 PM
I am so frustrated with the customer service department at T Mobile

Here in Tampa, Florida I too had one too many "refurbished" Pocket PC's sent to me that I was frustrated and walked into a T-Mobile Retail Store (not an "authorized" dealer) and walked out with a brand new Pocket PC; no questions asked. You may find yourself doing the same thing if you take that post that you've posted in hand and show them. The manager was overly apologetic and did not hesitate to rip open a new box and hand it to me with a smile. I was actually surprised... but I didn't let him see that :takethat:. Good luck!

Cortex
08-01-2003, 09:35 PM
Here in Tampa, Florida I too had one too many "refurbished" Pocket PC's sent to me that I was frustrated and walked into a T-Mobile Retail Store (not an "authorized" dealer) and walked out with a brand new Pocket PC; no questions asked. You may find yourself doing the same thing if you take that post that you've posted in hand and show them. The manager was overly apologetic and did not hesitate to rip open a new box and hand it to me with a smile. I was actually surprised... but I didn't let him see that :takethat:. Good luck!

my advice exactly!

talk to someone in person who has new phones available as replacements...

GoldKey
08-02-2003, 02:22 PM
Another suggestion, if you can get anyones e-mail address there then you can usually apply the same naming convention to the VP and Pres names and get their e-mail address. I have had to do this a few times and once someone at that level is bothered with your problem, they usually bring the heat on an employee to fix it NOW.