View Full Version : Ipaq 2210 + Bluetooth + Activesync

duncan888
08-01-2003, 09:16 AM
Has anyone managed to get activesync with bluetooth with the 2210.
Mine just wont sync, see the connection but nothing. Tried all the connection options.

Any tips.

Thanks

wallisj
08-01-2003, 10:51 AM
Its not the simplest thing to achieve...

The key thing to bear in mind is that you MUST have already established a partnership with your PC using the USB cradle.

Once this has been done, Pair your PPC with the PC and determine which COM port your PPC will connect on when establishing a serial connection.

Go into ActiveSync and pick File...Connection Settings,
In the allow serial cable or IT connection to this COM port section check the box and select the com port which the BT connection will use.

Ok this.

Then on the iPAQ, go into Bluetooth Manager and select New...Connection.

Pick the ActiveSync via Bluetooth Option and follow the instructions...

You should find it works ok

Cheers
Jamie

madbart
08-01-2003, 11:12 AM
out of everything that i have done with my ppc over the years active syncing over bluetooth was by far the most time consuming and difficult to achieve. Visit www.geekzone.co.nz as they hav a couple of tutorials there.

Anthony Caruana
08-01-2003, 12:28 PM
I've tried to as BT with my 2210 on 2 machines. One worked straight away. I just paired the PC and 2210 and voila. It just worked.

When I did my other PC I never got it to work. I'll try again another day.

imo BT is just too hard.

btw Why do you have to do a wired connection before you can use BT ?

wallisj
08-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Cos i tried for about an hour without a prior connection and ActiveSync just will not detect a BT Serial connection....as soon as a cable connection was made, i could then change the settings and immediately connect with BT....

I don't know why it works....just works a treat.

Fixed it within a minute once a cable connection is made to do the partnership

I think it says the same in the guide posted 2 above.

Cheers
Jamie

dequardo
08-01-2003, 01:21 PM
My COM port choices drop down box in ActiveSync is grayed out?? Whay is this? 'Use COM port' box IS checked.

Mike

absolutVenky
08-01-2003, 05:13 PM
I didn't have too much trouble setting up my 2210 with the PC for BT activesync.

The only issue I had was that the BT config software on the PC created COM9 as a serial port and when I added a service for ActiveSync it created COM10. But I was unable to select COM10 in the ActiveSync "Connection Settings" dialog box. So I removed the COM9 serial port in the BT config and specified COM9 as the ActiveSync port. I was then able to select COM9 in the ActiveSync "Connection Settings" dialog, and everything was fine after that.

HTH

duncan888
08-01-2003, 06:50 PM
works now thanks!!!!

madbart
08-02-2003, 12:05 AM
btw Why do you have to do a wired connection before you can use BT ?

Becuase you are unable to setup an active sync partnership over BT