View Full Version : Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter???

FunHouse82
08-01-2003, 05:36 AM
Would I be able to take atleast some advantage of my Broadband connection to the internet with the Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter cause I have heard bluetooth isnt that fast.

Also where is the cheapest place (price) I could probably get the 100 meter Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter. The sooner the better,, thanks alot

dwildone
08-01-2003, 05:52 AM
I have the Belkin USB adapter and have used it for wireless network access and ActiveSync. It is slower that 802.11, but decent if all you plan to do is browse the web. It works well, connects quickly on demand, and uses much less batery on my 2215 than my Ambicom WiFi adapter. I thknk that I paid around $50 at CompUSA.

madbart
08-01-2003, 11:41 AM
I have been using the Belkin for quite sometime now. It works a treat and it much better on my battery as opposed to wireless

SHoTTa35
08-01-2003, 02:11 PM
Would I be able to take atleast some advantage of my Broadband connection to the internet with the Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter cause I have heard bluetooth isnt that fast.

Also where is the cheapest place (price) I could probably get the 100 meter Belkin Bluetooth USB Adapter. The sooner the better,, thanks alot

even if your DSL connection is 1.5Mbit/s then BT's speed of 1Mbit/s wont be that much slower... chop that down a bit to 700+Kbits/s and it's still not that slow compared to 56K anyways. Plus it's a PDA, i doubt you would even get 5MB/s downloads if you connected it to a OC192 line Just doesn't have the CPU power and bandwidth to push that amount of data. SO bluetooth is plenty fast... even my GPRS connection downloads pages fast, pocket IE pages are real small and snappy

rpommier
08-01-2003, 06:06 PM
Head over ito Buy.coms and get one for $43 no shipping. It works great and setup is straight forward . You might have some issues with the getting Network Access going, but there's a long thread on here that will help.

Don't worry about the speed, it's enough.

Rod