View Full Version : success with bluetooth dialing from contacts?

Canuck
07-31-2003, 08:06 PM
I just want to know whether its me or the hardware...

I am enjoying using my 2215 with a nokia 6310i here in Canada. When I trial to dial a number via bluetooth, my ppc connects to the phone, the phone acknowledges, the ppc sends the number, and the phone does......... :worried: nothing.

So, to repeat the first question, is it me or the hardware? Anyone had success?

Derek

freitasm
07-31-2003, 08:27 PM
How are you passing the number to the mobile? The best way is the full form: + &lt;country><area>&lt;number>, of course area without leading 0.

TopDog
07-31-2003, 08:28 PM
Are you using standard Pocket Outlook? Have you set up a bond? On the Nokia, have you turned off "confirmation"?

I'm using Agenda Fusion, Axim, Socket Bluetooth and a Siemens S55, and it works excelent.

Canuck
07-31-2003, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the prompt replies,

This I've figured out. Outlook defaults the number to (123) 456-7890 format. Note the space after the area code. If I edit the space out it works, with the space it doesn't. Here in Toronto its all 10 digit dialing so I need the area code.

Now if I edit the number from the dialer, the ppc asks me if I want to save the changes, in which case it saves the number without the space :) . But if you go to a contact and delete the space directly, it defaults the space back in :frusty:

I'm looking as to where Outlook sets its defaults for telephone number formats but I can't find it (ditto with Pocket Informant trial). If I could change it to 123-456-7890 I'd be thrilled, but if I enter a number that way it defaults back (nor do I want to re-enter all my phone numbers).

So thanks to your replies I have a bandaid solution at least. If anyone could help me with the format issue that would be most kind.

- Derek

ale_ers
07-31-2003, 09:36 PM
Another question on the same topic.

I have noticed that adding some programs causes me to lose the "dial number via bluetooth" option when tapping and holding in contacts. I don't have a bluetooth phone yet, but I was wondering if there is a way to get this back short of uninstalling the program that causes it (Tomtom navigator, HP printing to name a few). Or will the option come back when I pair a phone?