View Full Version : Secure sites from PPC 2003???

disconnected
07-31-2003, 04:58 AM
In my seemingly never-ending quest to use wireless HotSpots with my iPAQ 5555, I'm continuing to narrow down the problem, while never getting close to actually solving it.

Through much trial and error, I have discovered (by pure chance, not by any logical thought or systematic debugging process), that my problem is not just with HotSpot access, but apparently with getting to any secure sites by any method.

Even at home I cannot get to any secure site, either wirelessly or through the cradle. Whenever I try, either by typing in an https URL or by going to a site that has a link that, when tapped, will bring me to a secure site, I immediately get the dreaded "page not found" message. I've tried logging in to my bank, my tmobile account, and my Peanut Press account, among others. My husband's Viewsonic (PPC 2002), in the cradle, can get to these sites.

From reading every forum in existence, I find that I am apparently the only person in the world with this problem. I'm assuming I changed some vital settings somehow, but I can't imagine what or where they might be.

:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: