View Full Version : DIY 2210 case?

Bichcake
07-30-2003, 10:41 PM
I've got a couple of small pieces of deerskin sitting around and i want to try making a case for my 2210.

Does anyone know how to sew? I need a pattern for the 2210. I tried to make one but i don't know what i'm doing and i think it will be too lose. plus i only have enough for one go and i want it to fit like a glove.

I'm sure others would like to do the same. maybe there should be some sort of contest?

mr_Ray
07-31-2003, 12:34 PM
I've got a couple of small pieces of deerskin sitting around and i want to try making a case for my 2210.

Does anyone know how to sew? I need a pattern for the 2210. I tried to make one but i don't know what i'm doing and i think it will be too lose. plus i only have enough for one go and i want it to fit like a glove.

I'm sure others would like to do the same. maybe there should be some sort of contest?

Hahaha that's fantastic, never thought of doing that. a Custom knitted ipaq case. lol

If you've got a sewing/knitting shop near you, perhaps they'd be able to sort you out? You might get a few funny looks, though! :mrgreen:

ledpocket
07-31-2003, 10:26 PM
Go to all the case mfg's sites and look into how they construct cases.
Vaja, covertec, piel frama, eb, etc.
Then go to you local pda store and get some closeup looks at how they make the things.

Then cough up the $ and go buy one.

About 2 years ago I made a case for my canon s100 digicam, and it turned out ridiculous. Form fitted, custom pockets, etc etc. Handstiched by me. I used it for about 2 days, but couldn't stand how the stiching was crooked, and how the corners were not square (the whole thing had a slant to it).

Last week, I spent 6 hours designing and making templates for the "perfect" 2200 case. Got my wife to set up the sewing machine, and dig out the snaps. It took me 10 tries to get a snap affixed to my piece of leather, and by that time the leather was ruined. I then tried to sew together the flap cover. I totally screwed that up.

I'm saving for a vaja or an eb.

In the mean time, I am proficient at using a handfile...
http://discussion.brighthand.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=84029

ledpocket
09-05-2003, 03:19 AM
Bichcake,
I am sorry if I dampened your spirits with my previous comments. After all my design work, and the failed attempt, I kept going and made myself a case.

It has been working nicely for a couple of weeks, and I finally got some web space together to show it off.

I did, however, get in on the sena pre-order. There is nothing quite like a professionally constructed case. I like my homemade, but it's not as professional a job as I would have liked. I just don't have the aptitude for sewing leather.

http://www.ledpocket.nu3.net/projects/2215leather/leather.htm