View Full Version : Deleting contacts & appointments??

csterns
07-30-2003, 04:22 PM
I borrowed another IPAQ to use while I waiting for my new 2215. Now it is time to return it but I don't want to do a hard reset becuase of the other software on it. Is it possible to delete all the contacts and appointments in a quick fashion? If so, how?

griph
07-31-2003, 07:52 AM
I borrowed another IPAQ to use while I waiting for my new 2215. Now it is time to return it but I don't want to do a hard reset becuase of the other software on it. Is it possible to delete all the contacts and appointments in a quick fashion? If so, how?

If you have Pocket Informant on board - select Settings/Advanced/Clean Up Data and you then have various options to delete All Tasks, All Contacts etc etc. If you dont have it - you could just install the Trial Version - do the deed and then remove it again. Personally though - Pocket Informat is an ESSENTIAL TOOL - I would never remove it!

Stephen Beesley
07-31-2003, 08:40 AM
You could also try Outlook Cleaner http://www.pocketkai.de/en/

I haven't used it myself but it seems to do exactly what you want and is only $8.00 from PocketGear.

HTH

Goldtee

ctmagnus
07-31-2003, 10:10 AM
good stuff to Know! I've been considering lending my previous iPaq to my parents for their cross-Canada trip this fall but I wasn't particularly fond of the thought of leaving all my info on there, any more than of reinstalling all the apps on there, after a hard-reset, that they may use.