View Full Version : Windows Mobile 2003 availability

Andrew
07-30-2003, 08:24 AM
Hi all,
I just wanted to share some information with other people that may be in the same situation as I am. I live in the Czech Republic, and at the moment it is not possible for me to order Windows Mobile from the Microsoft site, as the Czech Republic isnt available as an option. (Please note here that I want the English version, as I have an English ipaq).

So yesterday I emailed the local HP guy here, and he said that at the moment it is not available here in this country, that he has no concrete date when it will be, but once it is, he will let me know. So it seems that for those of us here in the CR, its going to be another long wait :(

Do any of you out there know anything different? The ipaq I have qualifies for the dates mentioned on HP's page, but I am willing to pay full price for it, if they would just let me order it. Have any of you heard of a place providing upgrades for Europe?

Previously with the Pocket PC 2002 upgrade, it was made available world-wide almost, so Im surprised they havent done the same with this upgrade. If any of you do know anything, and could reply to this post, I'd be very grateful.

Regards

Andrew

arrisb
07-30-2003, 09:12 AM
What model iPAQ do you own??

Andrew
07-30-2003, 09:29 AM
I have a 5450 so its supported for the upgrade

ChristopherTD
07-30-2003, 09:39 AM
Last time I looked the HP UK Website says that you will be able to order early August for delivery sometime in September.

Andrew
07-30-2003, 12:35 PM
Could you give me a link for the UK site please?

Thanks in advance

Andrew

ChristopherTD
07-30-2003, 01:20 PM
The details are at

http://h41111.www4.hp.com/ppc2003upgrade/uk/eng/upgrade.html

Andrew
08-13-2003, 08:54 AM
The UK site still doesnt seem to be offering the upgrade yet, despite it being the 'beginning of August'.
Have any of you heard anything, or is it just another example of a flexible time-line? :)