View Full Version : Weighting the Cradle

Hyperluminal
07-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Is anyone else annoyed at how light the cradle of the 2215 (and I'm assuming the other iPaqs, at least to an extent) is? I really have to hold it down when I take my iPaq out, which is kind of annoying. Would there be a way to kind of weight the cradle down, so it'll stay down when you take the iPaq out? I guess I could tie it or tape it, but that's annoying to do, not to mention pretty ugly. ;)
So would there be a way to do this?

Godsongz
07-29-2003, 10:30 PM
When I reach for my 2215, my pinkie slips down onto the flat base of the cradle behind the PDA and presses downward while my other 4 fingers gripping the sides of the PDA lift upward. The cradle is light, but its still a one handed motion to get my little friend out of there.

A co-worker felt the same way you do though about his 3850 cradle when he got it last year sometime and he actually epoxyed the cradle onto a bevelled brick of lucite. It was pretty attractive actually and raised the 3850 up to a more comfortable viewing height besides his monitor. Too permanent a solution for me though.

Hyperluminal
07-29-2003, 11:45 PM
I just tried, and that four fingered idea actually works pretty well. :)
The pinkie method works well, and I found that I can also pick it up from the top, and use my index finger to press down on the back. That's a good idea- thanks. :)

That epoxying idea sounds interesting, but I agree that it's a little too permanent for me...

Janak Parekh
07-30-2003, 01:27 AM
The same trick, BTW, works on many different cradles, the 36/37/38/54 series included. Most of the time on the classic cradle, you can just put your pinkie against the side, and that friction is enough.

--janak