View Full Version : IPaq 2215 and Omega One Battery Pack Indicator...Software or Battery Problem?

GMunroe
07-29-2003, 06:05 PM
I have had my 2215 for about three weeks now, and installed Omega One Battery Pack 2003 as one of the first programs. It has received a lot of accolades, and I like the functionality it offers.

However, I am begining to notice that the battery time at 100% is getting less and less each time I charge my 2215. It started out around 3 hrs. 15 min. and has slowly decreased to 2 hrs. 40 mins.

Now this battery is brand new, so it shouldn't be losing its maximum charge this early. Has anyone exprerienced this kind of problem, either early battery degrading or a problem with the Omega One program?

This is kind of frustrating...I haven't changed my backlight settings since I got it, and have it on very low when it is on. :evil:

Any insight would be appreciated...

G

Godsongz
07-29-2003, 06:49 PM
I saw the same behavior on both my 2215 and 3835, so the problem (if it is a problem) probably is not your battery. My guess is that the software started with some presets on battery life and is now "learning" over time how long it really takes for your battery to drain. But... thats just a guess.

ntractv
07-29-2003, 08:41 PM
It depends how you use and do with your device. If you can, try working with the unit with the backlight off for most of the day or at a minimal setting for most of the day. Then when you charge, you should see some diffence. When I first got my HP 5555 it started out with 5hrs and 46mins remain time. After a couple of days, it was down to 3hrs 33mins. Charged this morning, 4hrs 42mins. It just fluctuates.

GMunroe
07-29-2003, 09:04 PM
Thanks guys...so the gist of what you are saying is that the program figures out the battery remaining by basing it on average usage.

So...the easiest thing to do is to ignore it... :wink:

G