View Full Version : hello, help the new guy select the best multimedia pocketpc :)

ale2999
07-29-2003, 08:00 AM
Hi all nice to meet you. I leave in canada and I am about to purchase a pocketpc. The only problem is that I have only 450 canadian dollars to spend and I want to get the best buck for my money. I will use my pda mostly to play games and listen to mp3s. I also would like good battery time. I was contemplating between the toshiba e350 or the viewsonic v35. the only thing is that I want to make sure I have the latest OS. If you guys could advise me which is better for playing games/music I would be really glad, even if it isnt one of those two models. The Ipaq look the sexiest so far especially the ipag 1940, but the speed of the cpu is only 266. what am I to do? Thank you in advance

Pony99CA
07-29-2003, 08:26 AM
The only problem is that I have only 450 canadian dollars to spend and I want to get the best buck for my money. I will use my pda mostly to play games and listen to mp3s. I also would like good battery time. I was contemplating between the toshiba e350 or the viewsonic v35. the only thing is that I want to make sure I have the latest OS. If you guys could advise me which is better for playing games/music I would be really glad, even if it isnt one of those two models.
There are really only two things to worry about for games (buttons and screen) and two to worry about for music (speaker and headphone quality). I can't speak much about gaming, but the iPAQs traditionally have the best speakers and volume (at least up through the 3900 series; the 5000 series isn't as good). The iPAQ 3950 should have excellent audio, plus it has an excellent transflective screen and a large (but non-removable) 1400 mah battery. I don't know how much it would cost in Canada, though.

For battery life, you can't beat the Dell with its 1450 mah battery; if that's not enough, it's also removable and there's a high-capacity battery, too. It's also the cheapest Pocket PC with two slots out there today.

Steve

P.S. You really should pick a better subject. See the "Pony's Posting Proverbs" thread (http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11413) for more suggestions.