View Full Version : password expanding?? Help

cllyons
07-29-2003, 02:51 AM
I need help with my 2215. I have it at home and I use a ambian wireless 802.11 card and it works great here. When I go to school they have a vpn connection that I have to use to be able to use thei network. I entered my info for a vpn connection, and I cannot connect because it says that my password or username is wrong. When I check my settings, it always looks like I have put my password in many times over, even when I correct it and go back to settings again, it is in there multiple times. Can you help me?
Charity

Godsongz
07-29-2003, 03:03 AM
I'm pretty sure that it only looks like its expanding, but it isn't. You're looking at a lot more ****'s than you think you should see right? It only does that so that somebody else when looking over your shoulder won't be able to count the correct number of characters in your password.

Check the password again with the IT people at school, its probably just a typo, or a case difference, or something like that.

cllyons
07-29-2003, 03:27 AM
Unfortunately they aren't real sure about anything new. The password was checked, and they said it was correct. Any other suggestions or ideas?? :D

victore
07-29-2003, 06:49 AM
pocket pc's only support microsoft's vpn unless you have a third party vpn solution. do you know who makes your vpn? is it hardware or software based?