View Full Version : Decision Made - ipaq 2215 with ericsson t616

pdaided
07-29-2003, 12:56 AM
Ed, thanks for the advice. I went with the ericsson because of the smaller form factor. Heres where I am.

Out of the box today, the ericsson t616 worked great. I took a picture and emailed it to my wife within minutes of opening the phone in the store. Turned on my ipaq and within minutes I sent the pic to my pda image viewer with bluetooth. Man was I excited! I almost wet my pants.

Now here's where I am. No one has a clue how to get my pda to connect through the t616 for email and internet. (surprise, surprise)

My Carrier is Cingular. Anyone accomplished this?
Please Help!!

Thanks,
pdaided

CEONelson
07-29-2003, 01:46 AM
yeah I had the same problem when I got my 2215 and tried to make it use my t68i as a modem. What you need to do is pair the devices, setup a new connection for dial up networking with the phone, and enter *99# as the phone number. This is the code to tell the phone to dial using GPRS. Once you do that you should be good to go - just make sure to watch how much data you transfer, as you don't want to surprise yourself with a big bill for MB overage.

pdaided
07-29-2003, 02:14 AM
CEONelson,

Thanks for the reply. Are you with Cingular or does it matter? They gave me some dumb 847 area code number to put in. Also, is your password and name the same as your "mywirelesswindow" account?

Thanks-

pdaided

CEONelson
07-29-2003, 03:30 AM
I'm with T-Mobile, but it doesn't matter as long as you have a GPRS option on your cell plan. You don't need to put in a username or password as well. On a side note, you need to be able to access the web on your phone to start with or it's not going to work through your PPC.