View Full Version : Just ordered 400mhz, some questions...

nullvector
07-28-2003, 09:51 PM
I finally ordered my Axim. Today is the last day of 10% off from what the site said, and I'm glad to know that they worked out the ROM problem, and will fix it with all new Axim's.

It says mine will ship on 8/08/03, which is almost 2 weeks away. I guess they really have a backlog of orders.

My main question here, is to find out where you guys get your Axim accessories from?

I noticed the stuff on Dell's site seemed rather expensive, so I was wondering whats a good place to get cases, memory cards, etc.

Also, do those screen protectors really help? Is there an alternative that I could use to the same effect?

Thanks for the help.

dh
07-28-2003, 10:19 PM
I bought my memory cards on Dell's site. From time to time they seem to have sales and you can get a good price.

My WiFi card came from BestBuy and my Pocketop (Micro Innovations) keyboard from PC Connection.

For screen protectors it's hard to beat the WriteShields from PPC Techs. Yes they do help. They really do protect the screen and reduce the glare.

There's a link on the front page of this site (pricegrabber?) where you can find the best prices for everything you will need.

KiLLiN-TiMe
07-28-2003, 11:24 PM
Before I buy any hardware for my computer including flash memory I will check PRICEWATCH (http://www.pricewatch.com)
You might want to start there for the flash memory and wifi card. 8)

I agree with DH on the screen protectors. :way to go:

GoldKey
07-29-2003, 12:48 AM
Moonlight Technology has great deals on synch and charge cables and Krussel cases. (Their ebay auctions are even better!)

upplepop
07-31-2003, 06:19 PM
There are several different cases for Axim out now and their designs vary widely. Look around on this site and forum for editorial and customer reviews of cases to find one that's right for you. (However, you won't have much choice of the vendor... the manufacturers usually sells them direct).

Don't forget some Software! (http://www.handango.com) [Handango.com]

targetdrone
08-02-2003, 11:07 AM
It says mine will ship on 8/08/03, which is almost 2 weeks away. I guess they really have a backlog of orders.

Also, do those screen protectors really help? Is there an alternative that I could use to the same effect?

Thanks for the help.

I found they shipped well before the date they told me back when I ordered mine.

I went to Wal-Mart and bought a 10pack of laminating sheets in their office supply area. These are 9x12 sheets and will make 16 screen protectors per sheet. A pack only costs 4 bucks. I go through about 1 per month, so I won't have to buy any more for years.

I have used them for other things too, such as my handheld GPS screen, the bottom of an R/C glider and even a watch crystal. I got the idea from PocketPCPassion.com

jake080
08-03-2003, 07:55 PM
ive personally found the Saunders Rhinoskin cases rather nice...
www.rhinoskin.com
-----
http://www.saunders-usa.com/rhinoskin/cat.cfm?cat_id=5067
is their Axim x5 cases, i personally like the aluminum one, thats the same alum hardcase Dell direct sells. There is actually such little price difference that id just buy it through dell... which is what i did, though... well thats a long sad story! hehe, i say thats the sweetest case out there though!
also you can check www.aximcases.com and www.aximsite.com

nullvector
08-04-2003, 04:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Fedex says its on the truck for delivery today, and I already received the flip-case I ordered from Dell.

I might check out some of those other cases though.

Thanks again.

nullvector
08-05-2003, 02:36 PM
Just got the Axim, man, this thing is nice :)

Recorded some TV in WM9@320x240 and its really good quality on the axim, and the performance is a lot better than I expected.

Now I just gotta get a SD card, and I'll be all set. The infrared works well with WinXP, and it was really easy to transfer stuff back and forth.

So far, Im pretty impressed with this thing :)

SHoTTa35
08-05-2003, 03:59 PM
hehe, well cool... I'd rather the iPAQs tho .. ;D

PetiteFlower
08-05-2003, 06:24 PM
Your loss man, of that extra $100 that is ;)