View Full Version : Microsoft Portrait

theon
07-28-2003, 03:33 PM
Wanted to get Microsoft Portrait and was wondering whether there's any feedback from the people here. Looks pretty good but don't know if anyone actually uses it.

Godsongz
07-28-2003, 03:42 PM
Don't have much call for something like this, but hey, it's free... what have you got to lose? :) My guess is that this software falls into the not-ready-for-prime-time category though.

Sven Johannsen
07-28-2003, 08:46 PM
It's actually quite ready for prime time. The technology demo piece is for very low bandwidth teleconferencing, as in 9.6, 19.2. It works very well at higher data rates and wonderfully at WiFi rates. Even without a compatible camera on the PPC, you can use it as a walkie talkie around the house.

Sooner Al
07-28-2003, 09:50 PM
Sven's comments. You can see my comments about the program in this thread (http://www.pocketpcpassion.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24929&highlight=portrait) from the PocketPC Passion forums.

delos
07-29-2003, 10:44 PM
Microsoft Research in Asia replied to my question and told me that Portrait will not use the i700 Camera today but they are making a driver so it will. I think this could be interesting!