View Full Version : Outlook All Day Event Sync Problem

mini_hp
07-28-2003, 10:10 AM
Greetings fellow geeks,

I just bought a 1940 for the calendar capabilities. It's my first pda. When I sync to Outlook 2002, the all day events from outlook do NOT show up in the month view in my 1940. The days that have all day events show NOTHING. I have to click an apparently empty day only to discover that indeed there is an all day event, which I had keyed into Outlook but did not display as an event in the month view.

Now, if I key in an all day event from the 1940, it shows up as an outlined blue box. This is how I want the all day events from Outlook to show up as. This sounds like a minor bug or problem, but for me this is a huge problem. I like to look at a month at a time and see where I'm all booked. I don't want to have to zoom to each day just to tell. This almost defeats the purpose.

Anybody heard of this issue, know any workarounds???

Any help would be MOST appreciated, as I will probably resort to going to a Palm device if I can't get this working. I don't want to do that!!!

TIA,

Mike :evil:

Sooner Al
07-28-2003, 12:12 PM
A work around is to set the status of the all day event to Busy, Out of Office or Tentative. Anything but Free.

SHoTTa35
07-28-2003, 01:59 PM
yeah i've noticed that too.... and changed some to tenative/busy and they do show up... didn't realize but thanx for the tip.

mini_hp
07-28-2003, 03:29 PM
Although it's not consistent from the way outlook works, it is a welcome workaround and I want to thank-you very much for it!!!

Mike

:D