View Full Version : Initial setup for 2210

Hydra
07-28-2003, 06:19 AM
Do any of you expert types have any reccomendations as to a good way to setup a brand new (finally yay :D ) iPAQ 2210 from the start, I've been reading of some problems existing users have been having with plus and backup software, alarm clocks etc.

I guess if it's not too much trouble a little list of what you need and don't need, what you should disable from the start and any other apps that are essential to a happy PPC. Oh, and any known issues with either the unit itself or Pocket PC 2003..

cheers for that..

Godsongz
07-28-2003, 02:49 PM
The backup software that comes on the ROM of the unit had issues when you turned on scheduled backups, but that has been patched, see http://www.spritesoftware.com/support/pocket_backup_support.html#5j

The full version of Pocket Backup Plus (if you own it) is not yet patched but probably will be soon.

I have read about some issues with SPBs Plus, but I don't use that software so I can't be of much help there. SPB seems to be a good company though, I'd bet any issues will be resolved quickly.

To my knowledge, my 2215 hasn't missed (or locked up) on a calendar alarm yet. I use Battery Pack 2003 though which adds an applet called "Power Alert" which lets you customize how the calendar, task, and alarm alerts sound and how often they are repeated. This applet might be "fixing" something, dunno.