View Full Version : Back from Arizona...

Jason Dunn
07-27-2003, 12:35 AM
Ah, home sweet home - I came back from Arizona last night, and am now trying to get caught up on all the email messages. This whole Vaja coupon thing is giving me a migraine, so please be patient as I sort out the dozens of last minute emails and private messages. We had a deadline, and I met my commitment to process 100% of the requests before leaving for the Summit. The frustrating part is the number of you who expected a coupon within hours of registering - it's not like I have a call center standing by to process your orders. ;-) More on this subject later, but I trust the majority of you subscribers were able to order your Vaja iPAQ 2215 case without incident. There are a couple of you having problems with your coupon, so I'll try to get that sorted out today or tomorrow.

Duncan
07-27-2003, 01:09 AM
I rather think you went far above and beyond the call of duty on this one Jason - especially for those of us who weren't technically due our coupons (trial periods not up).

I and my poor naked 2210 (which has been jealously eyeing my Vaja clad Loox) would like to say thanks! :)

ctmagnus
07-27-2003, 01:46 AM
Do the coupons have any expiry date?

I got a call from HP yesterday saying that cracked LCDs aren't covered by the carepaq I had* so I owe then ~$250 for replacement. So it'll be awhile before I order mine now. :cry:

*but damaged touchscreens are. :confused totally:

Thinkingman
07-27-2003, 01:58 AM
bummer dude! That is one of the basic questions that should be asked. What is covered that breaks, and where is that in writing? The unfortunate part of it all, is that they word it for their discression.mmmm, I thought there was a place that fixed ppc's and was cheaper than that. Does anyone know of such place??

Jason Dunn
07-27-2003, 04:00 AM
Do the coupons have any expiry date? June 2004 :-)

RickP in AZ
07-27-2003, 04:48 AM
Wait, wait, wait...

"Mr Pocket PC Thoughts" goes on a trip and comes home to an email backlog? You're telling us Jason that you didn't bring along the 2215 or the Axim and at least a CF Modem? So much for mobile technology... :lol:

And you're out here in AZ and there weren't parades and huge announcements in the local paper? How come us AZ residents didn't here about it?

Well, whether you were in the Phoenix/Valley of the Sun area (suffering 115 degree weather) or someplace cooler and prettier like Sedona, I wish you belated Arizona hospitality and hope that it was a fun trip and not all work.

ctmagnus
07-27-2003, 04:56 AM
bummer dude! That is one of the basic questions that should be asked. What is covered that breaks, and where is that in writing? The unfortunate part of it all, is that they word it for their discression.mmmm, I thought there was a place that fixed ppc's and was cheaper than that. Does anyone know of such place??

Quoting from the CarePaq Certificate:

Upgrade response time to 3yrs Next Business Day Exchange for RAM/ROM module and hardware {except batteries, stylus, cradle and ac adapt Handheld Product, coincident with wty start...

I asked them about that too, because the certificate states hardware but they said I needed the next higher-up CarePaq for that. iirc, the CarePaq they wanted me to get didn't exist when I purchased this one. But I mat be mistaken.

ctmagnus
07-27-2003, 04:58 AM
Do the coupons have any expiry date? June 2004 :-)

Good. That gives me plenty of time to recoup.

Len Egan
07-27-2003, 02:34 PM
Like many, my trial period wasn't technically over and Jason came through. I had a problem with my code and had to get a new one from Vaja, but it worked out o.k.

alex_kac
07-27-2003, 06:32 PM
Wait, wait, wait...

"Mr Pocket PC Thoughts" goes on a trip and comes home to an email backlog? You're telling us Jason that you didn't bring along the 2215 or the Axim and at least a CF Modem? So much for mobile technology... :lol:

And you're out here in AZ and there weren't parades and huge announcements in the local paper? How come us AZ residents didn't here about it?

Well, whether you were in the Phoenix/Valley of the Sun area (suffering 115 degree weather) or someplace cooler and prettier like Sedona, I wish you belated Arizona hospitality and hope that it was a fun trip and not all work.

It was fun seeing Jason there...and yes the 115 degree weather was a bit much. The hotel pools made me feel like a lobster.

As for Jason keeping up with emil....we were all kept very busy. 7:30am to 9/10pm.

Thinkingman
07-28-2003, 01:53 PM
So are you chekcing to see if someone else can fix your ipaq for cheaper?I used to live in AZ, yes it is hot for sure. In fact I was visiting family around three to four weeks ago. They had been camping and I unexpectantly joined them for one day. they took me there from the airport wihtout my knowing about it. 8O