View Full Version : Sprint CF Card not working with PPC 2003 and Axim

kelby
07-26-2003, 12:44 PM
I have the beta version 1.0 from www.cf2031.com for ppc2203, I open up the connection manager on the Axim. Insert the card. I am then able to go through the activation and input the code that sprint gave me for the card, and it says it is a invalid code. Took the unit and the card to the sprint store and they tested it right in front of me. They gave me a Pre-programmed card that was activated on a lap top and I should have been able to just put it in my pda and start the internet right up. It gives me a "Out of Service Area" message (which is impossible). We have replaced the CF card 2 times to date. It also still has the tools>activation still black (not grayed out) indicating (to me, and I could be wrong) that it is not registering that the card was already programmed and registered by sprint. It requests a new registration. I can get the phone portion of the software working, telling me that the CF card is good. Just can't get the data portion going.

Please advise. Thanks for your help.

that_kid
07-26-2003, 03:01 PM
The activation menu is always black, I activated my card on my laptop and haven't had to do it again. My device has been in many devices and never a problem. If you can make voice calls then the card is working and setup. If you want to make data calls you can setup the os to use the card instead of the sprint software. To do so setup a new internet connection and scroll down the list of modems and select cf2031. For the number enter #777 and your username and password is your vision username and password. Asls make sure you go to the advance settings for that connection and change the baudrate from 19.2k to 115k. Now when your ppc needs to get on the net it'll dial the vision number and get you on. I only use the sprint software to make voice calls, for data I let the os do the work.