View Full Version : Jabra FreeSpeak Non-Bluetooth Headset.

Monty Gibson
07-26-2003, 04:50 AM
Is anyone using the Jabra FreeSpeak Non-Bluetooth Headset? I am and I've found out that it works, but barely. I plug it into the headset jack and it does not cancel out the voice input on the main device itself; therefore, picking up that sound as well id est; having two methods of voice input. I have tried it several times now to disable the main device voice input and try to route all the input through the headset, and have tried several trials and have had more tribulations than successes. Can anyone give some advice on how to make this work with clarity?

Qman
07-26-2003, 08:11 AM
Funny that you should bring up this combo, because I went through the exact same thing about a month ago. I worked on it day/night for over a week before I finally figured it out.

Anyhow in the end I ended up just rewiring the entire unit when a simple disconnect & jump on a single wire in the base unit would have done the trick.

Monty Gibson
07-27-2003, 01:39 AM
Funny that you should bring up this combo, because I went through the exact same thing about a month ago. I worked on it day/night for over a week before I finally figured it out.

Anyhow in the end I ended up just rewiring the entire unit when a simple disconnect & jump on a single wire in the base unit would have done the trick.

:duh: I don't understand. You rewired the Jabra unit to make it work, or you rewired the Pocket PC to make it work? I don't understand. I sent an email to Jabra today and hopefully they will get back with me on Monday or Tuesday regarding this issue. I really like the concept, but it's irritating that it does not work and that it does not override the main Pocket PC microphone. Why in the world didn't they test this out to ensure that it did override it :frusty:?

Janak Parekh
07-27-2003, 03:57 AM
Did you get the version of the FreeSpeak specifically designed for Pocket PC Phone Edition? I believe the part number is FSSPVPocketPC302. If not, you might have to get a Pocket PC Techs adapter...

--janak

Qman
07-27-2003, 11:12 AM
Yes I rewired the Jabra unit also as another poster suggested the Pocket PC Techs adapter would also do the trick.

Monty Gibson
07-27-2003, 11:13 PM
Did you get the version of the FreeSpeak specifically designed for Pocket PC Phone Edition? I believe the part number is FSSPVPocketPC302. If not, you might have to get a Pocket PC Techs adapter...

--janak

Yes, I have the correct version. I can hear whomever I'm talking to perfectly; however, they state that they can barely hear me. Unless I'm in a totally quiet setting of course. The plug fits the jack perfectly; I just don't understand why it does not cancel the main Pocket PC microphone. It's odd. :confused totally:

Janak Parekh
07-27-2003, 11:51 PM
It sounds like it doesn't have the 4 conductors (three rings) needed to cancel out the microphone, which is in the inner part of the connector. Weird. You might want to hear back from Jabra, and if that doesn't help, the Pocket PC Techs connector might help.

--janak

Monty Gibson
07-28-2003, 02:08 AM
It sounds like it doesn't have the 4 conductors (three rings) needed to cancel out the microphone, which is in the inner part of the connector. Weird. You might want to hear back from Jabra, and if that doesn't help, the Pocket PC Techs connector might help.

--janak

Weird indeed. Thanks for your help and I think that I'll just send it back where I purchased it from and have them swap it out if it's defective.