William Yeung
07-25-2003, 05:13 PM
I dont know if thats my setup, but with my windows mobile 2003 device:
1. create a file on PPC
2. Synchronize the file to desktop
3. modify the file on desktop Excel XP, save changes
4. sync back to PPC
5. open the file on PPC: error message: An error occurred while opening T

A more simple test is just create a file on desktop Excel XP, then sync the file to Pocket PC, immediately cannot open...

It never happens on my PPC 2002...

SHoTTa35
07-25-2003, 08:10 PM
it can only convert Excell 95 to 2000 files, not XP! ActiveSync should have mentioned that when it tried to convert it. So when saving it save it as a 2000 Workbook and it'll be fine.

Sven Johannsen
07-26-2003, 02:31 AM
Are you saying that WM2003 does not have the ability to read an XP Excel file, whether it is converted to .pxl or as a native .xls?

Active Sync 3.7 certainly has the ability to convert an XP .xls to a .pxl, and PPC2002 can read each of those.

William Yeung
07-26-2003, 05:24 AM
The ActiveSync in actual fact, successfully converts the file to PPC (at least it looks like a normal conversion) but when I try to open the file on Pocket Excel it simply refuse to open.
My friend on his hp 2200 tried too, same situation.

Here is my desktop Configuration:
English Windows XP, with chinese language enabled
English Excel XP
WM 2003 PPC
I have tried on Excel 2000 as well, same, EXACTLY same situation.

Any clue dear PPC buddys? :cry:

William Yeung
07-28-2003, 02:06 AM
Dear friends on PPC Thoughts,
This has been around for couple days already, I really hope to know if you guys are not having the issue, or if you guys never touch pocket excel... give me some thoughts?

Thinkingmandavid
07-28-2003, 02:52 PM
YOu mentioned you have it in chinese language...so when you are taking it back to your ppc, are you adjusting it on yoru desk top to no longer be in chinese but to be in english?????
I am not sure why it wouldnt work, as always back tracking is a good idea. I hope someone else can give some good info here. mmmmmmm

William Yeung
07-28-2003, 03:02 PM
I think I have tried without the chinese plugin on my PPC, and no chinese words are used within the Excel.

Anyone could test that out for me?

William Yeung
07-29-2003, 05:22 AM
I found that reason :oops:
Its the chinese overlay which creates the issue- I have installed chinese overlay A, then chinese overlay B; chinese overlay A has changed the system somehow so the pocket excel cannot work, I have uninstalled A, tested, then install B... since A has already broke my system... nothing works...
I have hard reseted and install B and everything goes fine since then!

A: Pocket Knife 3.x
B: Monster Chinese .NET