View Full Version : Is Yahoo! Messenger Dead???

Cortex
07-25-2003, 04:17 PM
i was wondering if any can still get Yahoo! Messenger for Windows CE to work?

mine was working in late June but then shut off, and i havent been able to connect since then...

Dave Beauvais
07-25-2003, 10:12 PM
Late June? Really? I haven't been able to use it for well over a year. Reportedly, some people have been able to connect by speciying a proxy server, but I'd bet that 98% of people can no longer connect. It's a shame, really, especially with so many Pocket PCs equipped with some form of wireless access. I think Yahoo really needs to get a clue about a lot of things.

For a time, most of the people I instant message with also used Yahoo Messenger, but most have since converted to Windows/MSN Messenger, so I can just use the MSN Messenger client in the PPC. I really like the way MSN Messenger integrates with the PPC UI with notifications of incoming chats, etc.

--Dave

Cortex
07-25-2003, 11:35 PM
yeah
i was one of those that got it to work
using the t-mobile getmorespeed proxy it would work fine
Sat June 28 was my last connection and it wont connect since then

not sure what the deal is....

RePoMaN
08-01-2003, 11:33 PM
Does anyone know if u can use the software on a WIFI or Wireless Network???

Cortex
08-02-2003, 07:40 PM
i dont think so

i think the yahoo servers no longer support it

that_kid
08-02-2003, 09:23 PM
Using netfront browser I was able to use yahoo's wap to get on yahoo messenger but that really sucked. For whatever reason using the same url in pocketie doesn't give you the messenger option.

SHoTTa35
08-02-2003, 10:09 PM
what's yahoo's wap page.... and their mobile site for maps and all that... i was out with the PPC and couldn't remember it..

Janak Parekh
08-02-2003, 11:12 PM
Their "mini" HTML site is http://wap.oa.yahoo.com/. Don't know if the server also supports WAP -- I use it with my Pocket PC Phone.

--janak

that_kid
08-03-2003, 01:22 AM
Their wap site is the same address but the wap site only works when using netfront browser. With pocketie it's a small web page.

RePoMaN
08-03-2003, 02:13 AM
I wish u could login to your messenger account with that wap... I use it more than anything lately and that would rock if it was able to do that.