View Full Version : Activesync PITA!

gorkon280
07-24-2003, 07:57 PM
Let me describe my predicament. I fired up activesync this morning and by mistake, tapped on the sync button. I did have WiFi active, but I was not logged into my desktop. There was no Activesync to connect to so it fails. I terminate Activesync on the PPC. Normally, this is ok. Today, I will be reading an Avantgo page and the can't connect dialog popsup. I dismiss it, hit iTask and Activesync is running again! Go back and kill it again and a hour or so later when I powerup to check my calendar, there it is again! This is frustrating as hell!!! :frusty: When i go home and put it in the cradle or sync over WiFi, everything's happy again. Is there a way I can deactivate this automatic launching after it fails thing?? :frusty:

SHoTTa35
07-24-2003, 11:42 PM
you have the mobile schedule running. I didn't read all that but activesync on the PPC and desktop is never really closed, especially the PPC. So go into options and then uncheck the mobile schedule options. It does that to keep the device synced if an active connection is there... or if you'd like that then change it to 30mins or whatever else.

gorkon280
07-25-2003, 05:07 AM
you have the mobile schedule running. I didn't read all that but activesync on the PPC and desktop is never really closed, especially the PPC. So go into options and then uncheck the mobile schedule options. It does that to keep the device synced if an active connection is there... or if you'd like that then change it to 30mins or whatever else.

Tray again. It's set to manual. As I said, I tried to sync (accidently) by tapping the sync button when I was not logged into the desktop. Synched tonight and everything is fine....gotta remember, don't tap that frickin button! :D