View Full Version : 2215 and jabra headset

rzanology
07-24-2003, 07:15 PM
Can i do anything with these two? Would it be possiable to listen to videos or music?

SHoTTa35
07-25-2003, 04:51 AM
you wish... they can see each other but the 2215 doesn't have a headset profile so it can't cummunicate. So no you can't use your BT headset to listen songs from a BT Ipaq.... sounds crazy but it's true.

Skitals
07-25-2003, 07:05 AM
Not true. You can do it, but it requires registry hacks.

Skitals
07-25-2003, 07:13 AM
Launch your fav reg editor and goto:

HKL\SOFTWARE\Widcomm\BtConfig\Services\005

The key 'Enabled' is set to 0.... change this to 1

Tada.

Go to Bluetooth manager, and you will see 'Connect a headset' is now one of the options. This hack was found on the 5455, and works the same on the 2210.

And for those curious the description says "Redirect your Pocket PC's aido to a headset or use a headset's microphone with your handheld."

hollis_f
07-25-2003, 07:13 AM
Not true. You can do it, but it requires registry hacks.And the quality of all of these BT headsets is just about good enough to use for phone calls. I've tried them with my Loox and you really, really wouldn't want to use them for listening to music/videos.

Skitals
07-25-2003, 07:18 AM
Not true. You can do it, but it requires registry hacks.And the quality of all of these BT headsets is just about good enough to use for phone calls. I've tried them with my Loox and you really, really wouldn't want to use them for listening to music/videos.

I think it would work fine with VoIP

Abba Zabba
07-25-2003, 08:01 AM
I currently use the jabra bt200 with the nokia 3650 and audio quality pretty much sucks for listeneing to music. So in other words...it's not worth the effort.

Skitals
07-25-2003, 08:38 AM
Look at my two posts. they are 8 minutes apart. In that 8 minutes I researched the hack, downloaded and installed a registry editor on my ipaq, did the hack, and posted instructions. I dont think changing a 0 to 1 is much effort. Maybe its not good for listening to music, but it could be useful to some people with other uses.

wocket
07-25-2003, 10:06 AM
Ah! but you did'nt say which registry editor you used..

SHoTTa35
07-25-2003, 02:47 PM
get the PHM editor from www.phm.lu/products It's all freeware there :D\

and edit... who hoo!! it works!! :D Just need to test it with a headset now... hmm... so registry hacks huh :D I wonder what other device i could hack the registry for (MS Bluetooth devices ;) ) --- wishing here

Skitals
07-25-2003, 09:29 PM
Yup, I used the PHM Registry Editor.

rzanology
07-25-2003, 09:44 PM
i did the hack and paired the two devices....but now what? The ear pieace just makes the link noise. When i look at bluetooth active connections its shows the ear pieace as being connected. What do i have to do to hear something?????

JustinGTP
10-02-2003, 11:00 PM
Go to Windows Media Player and then hit play on a song or the little movie it comes with duh :D

-Justin.

DrtyBlvd
10-03-2003, 03:39 AM
Some observations -

A 'Thanks' to skitals wouldn't go amiss I think! :D

I have a Sony Ericsson HBH and the quality is fine for music - except it's not stereo of course! But walking around as a casual affair when you're not ipodded up or whatever is OK for me - could it be the headset used or possibly the fact that HP disabled the setting expressly because of quality issues do you think?

rzanology
10-03-2003, 10:21 PM
I did the reg edit but it still wont work. Is there an extra setting i need to do before i can listen to stuff???

dcharles18
10-04-2003, 07:08 PM
i did the hack and paired the two devices....but now what? The ear pieace just makes the link noise. When i look at bluetooth active connections its shows the ear pieace as being connected. What do i have to do to hear something?????

Same thing for me with a 1945. I open up WMP, but it will not play through the headset.

dcharles18
10-30-2003, 08:55 AM
Okay, I now have a 2215, did the hack and paired the two devices. I still cannot get anything to play through it. What am I missing here?

rzanology
11-03-2003, 02:31 PM
This is just to bump this to the top. Maybe one of you guys who got this to work can help us figure it out!!!

Shadowcat
11-04-2003, 02:53 AM
There is something that I never see anyone mention but is essential. You must go to "Start," "Settings," "System," "Bluetooth," and then scroll right to "Audio Gatway," which should be the second last tab. You must check the "Enable service." However it's quirky and it took me awhile to get it working again. I've stopped using this registry hack because I get random, but frequent lockups which once drained my battery. Apparently the screen shuts down but the system doesn't so it continues to use power. I suggest unapplying the registry hack after you're finished using it.