View Full Version : Cases - Vaja, Piel Frama, Krusell and more

ksh937
07-24-2003, 06:19 PM
All these high quality leather cases are from overseas, right? Are there any stores in the US that sell them? I'd like to take a look at them upclose and see which one I really like. I mean, if they are all already $50-60 dollars, I don't really want to pay international shipping too (which for Vaja is like $20 8O ).

Thanks!

Duncan
07-24-2003, 06:32 PM
You think Vaja are overseas? 8O

Deus
07-24-2003, 06:40 PM
You think Vaja are overseas? 8O
I also believe they are, but I think they have relations in Florida.

Duncan
07-24-2003, 06:47 PM
I believe that Vaja are actually based in Argentina - how's your geography? :wink:

Kati Compton
07-24-2003, 07:05 PM
I believe that Vaja are actually based in Argentina - how's your geography? :wink:
Oh, I bet they pass over water at some point on the journey. ;)

ksh937
07-24-2003, 07:22 PM
I mean, basically, are there any local stores that are resellers for Vaja, Krusell, and/or Piel Frama? I just don't want to pay $75 for a case... I'm just a poor student... :(

mv
07-24-2003, 07:27 PM
Vaja cases are argentinian. Krussel cases are german. Piel Frama cases are spanish.

In most cases, shipping is included to everywhere in the world. Thatīs the case for Vaja cases, except for the outlet. They do have contacts in Florida. Krussel cases are very cheap at data-nation (i bought there mi ipaq case for only 19.95 + 7 international shipping)
Expansys sells the piel frama cases in the US. But they re-brand them to their own name. But they are the same.

You americans are so funny. Iīll bet most of you think that the country in wich I live is something to eat... i donīt blame you, itīs called like something to eat. :D :D :mrgreen:

griffin911
07-24-2003, 08:37 PM
Try www.casesonline.com

blusparkles
07-24-2003, 11:00 PM
Vaja cases are argentinian. Krussel cases are german. Piel Frama cases are spanish.

Krusell cases are actually Swedish. If you aren't able to find a local place that sells these puppies, you're best bet is to read online reviews - the additional pics plus the detailed commentary should help you make your decision.

spartanrob
07-25-2003, 03:38 AM
Which of these cases DOES NOT have a clip on the back. I never wear it on my belt.

Pat Logsdon
07-25-2003, 03:43 AM
Which of these cases DOES NOT have a clip on the back. I never wear it on my belt.
Every Vaja case can be ordered without a belt clip.

hollis_f
07-25-2003, 07:31 AM
Expansys sells the piel frama cases in the US. But they re-brand them to their own name. But they are the same.

You americans are so funny. Iīll bet most of you think that the country in wich I live is something to eat... i donīt blame you, itīs called like something to eat. :D :D :mrgreen:But if you buy a Piel Frama case directly from Piel Frama they'll get a lot more of your money - and they deserve it a lot more than those - people - at Expansys.

And American's are so convinced that your country and the foodstuff are one and the same that they even spell the foodstuf the same as the country. Whereas all educated nations knows it's spelled 'chilli'.

faustus67
07-25-2003, 09:43 AM

Piel Frama cases can be ordered without belt clips - the cost is the same, but it takes a few days longer as they have to make the case!

Dave R.

jagfan
07-26-2003, 09:58 PM
Have you thought about the EB Slipper case? The company is based in San Diego, CA and I believe the leather cases are made there.

www.ebcases.com

ksh937
07-27-2003, 09:01 AM
Actually, after getting a better look at both Vaja and Piel Frama, I think I prefer Bellagio... their cases have really nice, smooth, soft leather... I'm not a big fan of the hard, glossy kind...

madbart
07-27-2003, 12:18 PM
i have seen bro cases over the years and believe vaja are by far the best

faustus67
07-27-2003, 07:52 PM
Actually, after getting a better look at both Vaja and Piel Frama, I think I prefer Bellagio... their cases have really nice, smooth, soft leather... I'm not a big fan of the hard, glossy kind...

Well, I have to admit that I have never seen Bellagio cases, but my Piel Frama (black and tan) case os not shiny and it is reasonably soft - too soft and it wouldn't be much protection. What makes you think their cases are hard and glossy?

Dave R

Palmguy
07-27-2003, 08:23 PM

You americans are so funny. Iīll bet most of you think that the country in wich I live is something to eat... i donīt blame you, itīs called like something to eat. :D :D :mrgreen:But if you buy a Piel Frama case directly from Piel Frama they'll get a lot more of your money - and they deserve it a lot more than those - people - at Expansys.

And American's are so convinced that your country and the foodstuff are one and the same that they even spell the foodstuf the same as the country. Whereas all educated nations knows it's spelled 'chilli'.

Not sure what Americans you are talking to, but here we spell the food "chili" and the nation "Chile". Sorry.

Steven Cedrone
07-27-2003, 11:02 PM
Please drop the "discussion" about the spelling of Chile...

hollis_f, please read your PM...

Thanks,

Steven Cedrone
Community Moderator

hollis_f
07-28-2003, 07:30 AM
Not sure what Americans you are talking to, but here we spell the food "chili" and the nation "Chile". Sorry.

And I'm sorry, too. But spelling the foodstuff 'chile' is quite common (a Google on "chile pepper" pops up 35,000 hits - almost half the number that 'chili pepper' produces). It's so common that I believed it must be the standard spelling over there (because I hardly see it at all over here).

Humbly, I stand corrected.