View Full Version : help please - "contacts" doesn't have categories anymore

robert_uk
07-24-2003, 12:56 PM
ok, i'm stuck on this one.
my contacts list used to have business and personal. and the records still have these options set. i had to do a hard reset, and the restore from backup failed, but all the data - contacts, calendar, notes etc - seem to have survived.
now the contacts all individually say "business" or "personal"
but the pull-down menu top left corner in contacts has:
Recent
All contacts
No Categories
and the "Business" and "Personal" options from this list are gone !

any ideas how to restore this ?
thanks

David Prahl
07-24-2003, 03:09 PM
I don't know, but I'd suggest you ask in the "General Pocket PC" area.

tomtiguy
07-25-2003, 12:50 AM
Check to see if you have the Business and Personal categories in your calendar. Either way, while in your Contacts application, tap the pull-down menu that shows your categories.

[/quote]Recent
All contacts
No Categories

Select "More..." and tap on the "Add/Delete" tab. Add Business and Personal categories.

robert_uk
07-25-2003, 09:17 AM
Select "More..." and tap on the "Add/Delete" tab. Add Business and Personal categories.

thanks for the reply.

there isn't a "more" option, only the ones quoted.

SHoTTa35
07-25-2003, 03:20 PM
open a contact... click the categories section then at the bottom choose the add/delete tab and add personal and business as before.

robert_uk
07-25-2003, 03:38 PM
thanks for your reply.
both "business" and "personal" exist here, and i can add more.
so i've now created "test" - this new one now appears in the "show" pull-down, but no others.
guess i'm going to have to make new categories, update all the contacts to reflect these new categories, then delete the existing "personal" and "business" ones.
oh well ......

ok, all sorted now, thanks for the tips
had to delete the existing, make sure no contacts had any categories assigned, then recreate, and reassign the contacts.
didn't take too long to resolve.

thanks again
robert