djhustla
07-24-2003, 03:30 AM
I have a PocketPC Casio - EM500
Running:
Windows C.E 3.0.9348 (Build 9351)
Processor: MIPS VR4122
Memory(Internal): 16MB
Expansion Slot: 256MB Sandisk SD Card

Everytime I use the explorer to see the contents on my sd card, then tap on the song I want to hear , Windows Media Player pops up but the song is not loaded. Its just Windows Media Player...... please help??

Thanks,
Dj Hustla
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Note:
I can see all of the files on the SD Card. I copied an mp3 direct off the Sd card onto the internal memory and played it directly from the unit. That worked..

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

SHoTTa35
07-24-2003, 03:47 AM
dude... double post.... don't do that! :devilboy:

WMP plays songs from within the MY DOCUMENTS folder (or a subfolder) so all your songs have to be in that folder or a subfolder (like "my documents/my music") Dunno if you already did that but the first thing on your SD card should be a my docs folder and then put everything in that folder.

djhustla
07-24-2003, 04:05 AM
Thanks for the Info...Ill try that...
Sorry about the Double Post...I thought I had to post for every Forum..I just signed up... :?

Anywayz....
Later
Dj Hustla :)-~

Janak Parekh
07-24-2003, 04:12 AM
If the above suggestions don't work...

First, make sure you have the EM-500's SD driver update. That solves a number of issues with using SD cards. It can be downloaded from here (http://www.casio.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=support.content&page=/support/software/casssoftware.html); look for the Update Pack v1.04.

Another suggestion: since you have Pocket PC 2000, consider upgrading Windows Media Player; I believe the latest you can install is Media Player 7.1 (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/software/pocket/player.aspx). Mind you, it'll eat a fair bit of RAM, though (although you should be able to install it on the SD card).

--janak

djhustla
07-24-2003, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the extra info.....I tried the My Documents thing and it worked......but I need to update this anywayz.....Thanks a lot!!!

Later,
Dj Hustla :)-~