View Full Version : Maestro Out of Stock at Compusa

CME2C
07-24-2003, 01:55 AM
My Compusa is now out of the Audiovox Maestro. My Maestro has had battery problems for several months and I have been waiting for them to run out, so I can use my replacement plan. So what will they give me for a replacement? I will insist on having a CF slot and SD slot because I use both cards, unless of course they give me a new Hitachi PPC/phone. ( I can dream can't I?). So what will they offer me???

Pony99CA
07-24-2003, 06:34 AM
My Compusa is now out of the Audiovox Maestro. My Maestro has had battery problems for several months and I have been waiting for them to run out, so I can use my replacement plan. So what will they give me for a replacement? I will insist on having a CF slot and SD slot because I use both cards, unless of course they give me a new Hitachi PPC/phone. ( I can dream can't I?). So what will they offer me???
Ummm, why not call and ask and then tell us?

Steve

CME2C
07-24-2003, 11:55 PM
I was told, "we will submit the replacement request and they will let us know what your replacement will be." I stopped by today and they still had some Genios left so I think I will wait until all of the dual slot PPC2002 are gone so that I can get a PPC2003.

jfmcgowan
07-27-2003, 12:28 PM
Just last week I used my CompUSA TAP plan, and upgraded from an e740 to the e755. I was having continuing problems with the battery switch/hard reset, and told them I was unhappy with its reliability.

I was in and out in 15 minutes, no questions asked.

Perhaps you should try another CompUSA location.....

Gozer
09-12-2003, 03:29 AM
I have had my Maestro for about 9 months, and it hard reset itself this morning, for the first time. I've fairly commonly encountered the soft-reset-date-changing bug, but it's gotten more frequent over the past week. I had bought the CompUSA tradein package, and decided to go look, and my store had one Maestro left on clearance.

They told me that if I did the return it, and audiovox didn't have a comparable new product, they would give me another PDA of the same price, or a gift card with the amount I originally spent, to use toward another PDA (or, I assume, anything in the store).

So now I'm just waiting for the last Maestro to sell :?

Any thoughts on e740 vs iPAQ vs Axim?

spursdude
09-12-2003, 04:36 AM
Any thoughts on e740 vs iPAQ vs Axim?
I don't think CompUSA has any Axims.... just a thought. I would probably go with an iPaq from CompUSA's stock.

I'm also interested in this subject as my Maestro is started to become aged and weak and I have a TAP plan.

Has anybody experienced what there was a front-page post about earlier - CompUSA forcing you to fill out a form online and then get a refurbished model?

Even so, I'm not too worried, because they probably don't even have refurbished Maestros.