View Full Version : Pocket Informant vs. Agenda Fusion

lipinski77
07-22-2003, 03:26 PM
After seeing the great discounts available to subscribers, I've decided to take the plunge. I actually planned on subscribing earlier but just had not transferred funds to my paypal account. :oops:

Anyways, I was looking to get a better PIM for my PPC and saw that Agenda Fusion and Pocket Informant were discounted for subscribers. I am having a hard time deciding which of these two would be better. Is one for a power user and the other a slight newbie? Does one have less power than the other?

Any thoughts on your experiences would be appreciated.

Thanks,

James

Jeff Rutledge
07-22-2003, 03:37 PM
Hi James,

This has been asked many times. Unfortunately, it almost always degenerates into a holy war of PIM's. It's similar to Ford vs. Chevy or David Lee Roth vs. Sammy Hagar. 8)

After all the opinions finish flying, the end result is always the same:

Both products have a trial period. They can both run at the same time on a PPC. Install them and try them out. See which one you like best.

dh
07-22-2003, 04:01 PM
I personally use PI which I rate as the best app I have ever bought.

As everyone says, try them both.

Crystal Eitle
07-22-2003, 04:46 PM
I love PI so much I haven't even tried anything else. But I imagine that what PI and AF have in common is that they both kick the a$$ of Pocket Outlook. Do what everyone recommends and try them both - it all seems to come down to personal preference. Both have a 30-day trial period, so that should be enough time to determine which one is a better fit.

bigkingfun
07-22-2003, 05:12 PM
It's similar to Ford vs. Chevy or David Lee Roth vs. Sammy Hagar. 8)

It's not the same at all...everyone knows the answers to these are Ford & Dave. :D

I've been using PI for almost 2 years. I've been tempted by AF a couple of times when they release a new version (I'm a sucker for new software on my PPC) but PI's support and regular update schedule has kept me from trying AF.

The consensus in past debates seems to be that both are good, most people tend to prefer the one they started using first, but to try the trials for both and see what you think.