View Full Version : One thing and then another?

baker
07-21-2003, 08:50 PM
How many folks ended up buying a PPC for a reason or two and then once you had the device began expanding maddeningly? I purchased mainly and simply for calendar, contacts, tasks, Reader, Word and Excel. Once I had the device, I "had to get" a new PIM and went with AF. Then SpaceMaker. Then Magic Button. Then later it was Flex Wallet. Then came Palbum Suite. Then Pocket Backup. Then I had to be able to sync at work, so came mNotes. Then PHM Registry Editor. Recently, Pocket Quicken. I'm now hunting for an enhanced Notes Task system. The thing has grown on me so much that I'm embarrassed. I'm blessed with a wife, four kids and a dog. And this device has now weasled in to "become part of my family"! Do any others suffer from this compulsion? :oops:

GoldKey
07-21-2003, 08:55 PM
Absolutely. I got my Palm III free for opening an account with Citibank. Then there was the great deal on the Ipaq 3150 (got it new for around $150). Then wanted color, so got the Dell. Then came all the accessories (CF Wireless, CF Modem, Case, memory cards, cables, GPS) and software extras (Flexwallet, Hackmaster, etc). Then of course the addiction to this site. I go here to justify all the stuff I bought for my PPC, I use my PPC alot to justify all the time I spend here. Just a viscious cycle. :D

baker
07-21-2003, 09:23 PM
Addiction to the site is a given! Yes, it feeds a fantastic cycle! 8O