View Full Version : ipaq 3600 turns on by itself--any help?

hopeful797
07-21-2003, 03:57 AM
my 2.5 year old ipaq 3650 has developed a bad habit of turning itself on for no reason either in the cradle or out of the cradle, when there are no appointments or other reasons it should turn on. this happens all day long and depletes my already old battery even more each time so i can't really run the backlight if i want it to last 24 hours. and the battery doesn't hold much of a charge so i lose all my data if i don't put it in the cradle each night. boo-hoo!

i am going to buy a new pocket pc in about 6 months, but i'd love to squeeze a little more life out of old faithful. anyone have any ideas as to why its developed the unwanted power on problem and if there are any ways to cure it?

thanks,
ic

EyePAQ
07-21-2003, 04:18 AM
My 3650 turns itself on at midnight, but I understand it's supposed to do that. It is moving recurring appointments and tasks forward into the new day. But it turns itself off after just a few seconds of being on. Never heard of one doing it all day long.

Janak Parekh
07-21-2003, 04:30 AM
Well, it'll stay on after a midnight turn-on IF you are running certain programs in the background, like Windows Media Player, which keep the device from turning off.

Also (and not totally related), have you considered getting a replacement battery if you want to prolong your iPAQ's life? Pocket PC Techs (www.ppctechs.com) sells both replacement and expanded batteries.

--janak